Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX POT Limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX POT Limit

So I recently just got the letters in the mail approving my PRG and Plat for the POT feature– limit though is at 25k, a bit lower than the 35k that I've seen most people top out on myfico. Does anyone know if this limit is just auto increased like an auto CLI or if it has to be requested? I'm not likely to use the feature but curious.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX POT Limit

What is the POT feature?
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What is the POT feature?

allows AMEX charge card users enrolled in the program to basically select or have charges over $100 transferred over as a balance with an APR

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What is the POT feature?

Pay Over Time

Message 4 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

https://www.americanexpress.com/paylater

Just like with the NPSL, the amount will change depending on your relationship with them and known assets. You cannot request a higher line.
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So with the pay over time feature, I am presently enrolled in "select and pay later" and "sign and travel" within the 35k limit. I am not enrolled but have tried to enroll also in the "extended payment option" but have yet to be enrolled. Anyone else experiencing this...?? Thanks!!

Message 7 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

What happens when you try to enroll for Extended Payment Option on your POT screen? It has been many years since I did the other two, but when I did Sign & Travel it was instant.

I've said it before, I still don't understand why they leave you enrolled in Select and Pay Later if you choose Extended Payment Option - there are no eligible charges that would not have been automatically placed into the EPO bucket. EPO is much better since there is no interest as long as you pay the statement balance. SPL begins accruing interest when you put it in the POT balance.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I check for eligibility for Extended Payment option..It gives me a 7 to 10 day message that I will be contacted by mail when the opiton is available for me if my account stays in good standing......(something like that)...

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When I check for eligibility for Extended Payment option..It gives me a 7 to 10 day message that I will be contacted by mail when the opiton is available for me if my account stays in good standing......(something like that)...

yup I got that too. Mail came in 7 days later and I was approved for the $25k. Just watch out for yours in the box!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.