Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI HP results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI HP results

Anyone have experience with an HP CLI for Discover? I'd on a 90 day/$500 cycle with them. I'm wondering if the juice is worth the squeeze. For me that would be taking my 11K to 20K. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover CLI HP results

Most people seem to fear the hp from Disco. Its definetily a toss up but at a chance to get a big cli id do it. Heck i got so many useless hps on my report eith nothing to show id do it were it not for my income. I KNOW Disco would never give me 10 k lol. If people can tryfor an obscure bank card, surely someone can take one for the team lol. Well probably never knowSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

High high the usage has been is going to become a factor, I have scores 740-760 range under 9% use 11K limit and wanted 15K 

They denied for not high enough balance.  

Message 3 of 13
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

How does one even take a HP at discover for a CLI.

I thought about taking one to try to up my $200 limit but they never even offered one after a SP denial.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call them and ask for a specified CL, say 15K-20K. And they will HP you for it. Or you can just keep pressing the button online every 90 days?

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

For three months I was getting a $500 soft pull increase every 30 days but now I am on month two of being denied, the response being "Not enough experience with current credit limit."  I've rotated my cards so that Discover is now my daily driver, and I'm hoping that will do it.  Ironically I don't use it because the credit limit is nearly half of my other cards, so the next 6 months will be my final push with Discover before I concede the small credit line and sock drawer it.

Message 6 of 13
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

For three months I was getting a $500 soft pull increase every 30 days but now I am on month two of being denied, the response being "Not enough experience with current credit limit."  I've rotated my cards so that Discover is now my daily driver, and I'm hoping that will do it.  Ironically I don't use it because the credit limit is nearly half of my other cards, so the next 6 months will be my final push with Discover before I concede the small credit line and sock drawer it.

And lo and behold that's when they double your limit. Smiley Happy

Discover is a strange beast, there's pretty much no rhyme or reason to their madness, so it's just about finding out what works for you.

When I first received my Disco with a $2500 SL, I used it as my daily driver in the hopes that I'd get a CLI. After being denied for ridiculous reasons after 93 days, I stopped using it once I hit the $1500 cap in the 5% category. Magically they have me a $500 CLI the next month, and then I double dipped for another $600 for a $1100 CLI. I feel that at least for my profile, it seems they care more about the absolute dollar amount swiped rather than being a daily driver or non-5% category usage. They definitely don't care about statement balance since I've always let it cut at 0 since I've had the card.

Speaking of which, when you finally get another SP CLI, make sure you call in the same day to double dip. (800-347-4856) They'll say you've already requested a CLI, and you simply tell them you expected a bit more.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@arkane

Speaking of which, when you finally get another SP CLI, make sure you call in the same day to double dip. (800-347-4856) They'll say you've already requested a CLI, and you simply tell them you expected a bit more.

Thanks for the double dipping tip.  I agree, I've always PIF and still no dice.  It does seem that they pay more attention to the agregate value charged, not consistent activity.

Message 8 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No one should pay any attention to not enough experience with current limit letters. Thats just goobly goo speak for noSmiley Wink.
Message 9 of 13
arkane
Established Contributor

I think what "not enough experience with current limit" really means is "not enough frivolous spending to be profitable for us". Smiley Wink

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.