Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Question

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Card Question

Discover has great rewards but they are tough to get...they check Experian generally and make sure you have a score above 680, preferably 700 when you apply.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 15
cantretire
Contributor

I just got a great BT deal from them.  My scores 2 months ago were 726 - 733
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a my Discover card a few months ago with a score in the lower 700's. They are not as widley accepted as the other cards.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Discover when I was a student in college 10 years ago (first credit card).  It had a low limit to start with, but it has grown with me over the years.  I didn't pay any attention to the interest rate back then since I always PIF'd.  The only thing I had on my credit report back then was a student loan that was 10 months old.  From my experience, if you treat Discover right, they will treat you right.  It is my favorite card.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover was my first CC. I got it, (along with a T-shirt and Waterbottle) during my Freshman year of College, in 1991. I had no credit hx to speak of, but times have changed.

I do find Discover to be much more conervative than most lenders. I started out with an initial credit line of 1500. At present, my CL is 13,500. It has not grown as rapidly as many of the other cards that were issued to me during the same year/timeperiod, despite heavy PIF usage. They also soft me on a monthly basis.

I'm not complaining, as I don't need any more credit than what I have.Smiley Happy I like the cashback feature, and the customer service is better than most.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.