Did you mean: 

Discover Double Dipping

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Double Dipping

@decreditguy
The prequals you get from any CCC is all marketing material. To find out if you are actually preapproved for a CC, go to that CCs prequal site.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. Guess I’ll wait and see. If I don’t get an auto CL by the 24th I man hit the luv button. I think that the rules for the Cl approvals are different with unsecured cards. I can’t apply for a new card yet. My year is up in March then I can try.
Good luck to all!!! Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 17
Andypanda
Established Contributor

About 2 weeks ago my 3rd statment cut on disco. I requested a CLI, and got a $700 increase. I had to go out and do some errands, after I got home I called explaing I was hoping for more, the CSR transfered to the correct Dept., So i repeated the request, and was offered another $1,200 off a SP, for a total off $1,900 CLI with no HP.

Message 13 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, thanks @Anonymous Smiley Happy

Im not shy about hulk smashing the button , first year with Disco i would never get any denial letters but now in year 2, im growing a treeSmiley Wink. @ CreditInspired, i think my 90 day window for a cli should be 31 Jan so ill let you know if i get my normsl AJC Special. Currently at $6500.

Good luck to everyone on your Disco journeySmiley Happy
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hit the luv button and got the usual $500.  I called in and asked for more.  They said only with a HP.  I thought about it and figured maybe they’d make it with my while.  They gave me another $5k.  I’ve been pretty lucky with Disco.  $8k in increases to $18k in less than a year and just approved for a second card at a surprisingly low SL at $7,500 a few weeks ago.  I can’t complain, Disco has been very good to me!

Edit:  my DD story is from last May...

Message 15 of 17
DEcreditguy
New Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:
@decreditguy
The prequals you get from any CCC is all marketing material. To find out if you are actually preapproved for a CC, go to that CCs prequal site.

Thanks. Worked in consumer finance for years and well aware of the difference. When I say prequal, I mean from that issuers prequal site, with a stated interest rate/APR, SUB targeted specifically at me, etc. As in, when I used to put my info into AMEX's prequal site, it would come up with nothing for me. In the past couple of weeks, it has shown that I'm preapproved for just about their entire portfolio, with SUBs, interest rates, etc. So I then decided to apply, only to find that I was declined due to still being blackballed. 

I easily qualify with FICOs in the 760s, six figure income, no lates, no collections, Utilization < 20%, 4 or 5 inquiries, etc. I was simply denied because I am still blackballed. I'm thinking that maybe since I was offered the Oasis card, that is why I am now getting offers from their prequal site. But it has me pretty confident that once I pay the old collection amount in full I'll get whatever AMEX I want. 

Anyways, sorry, didn't mean to derail this thread, carry on. 

Message 16 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ehomey

Congratulations. Definitely worth the HP!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.