cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Secured graduated today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Secured graduated today!

I agree, no sense is closing the card. Eventually, it will work itself out and your card will grow!
Message 11 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is what it is - we will see what happens - I will try again on April 1. 

Message 12 of 49
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Is this in reference to the "bank information not recieved" denial? Because I will try one last shot at the luv button - or it's goodbye discover. I have NO use for a $200 limit unsecured card.

I understand you are angry with them but that statement is ridiculous. You are going to trash a HP, an unsecured Discover card and good history for a problem that is effecting thousands of Discover card holders. You act like they did this to you personally. Give them a chance. Just because they don't work on your schedule doesn't mean they aren't working on it the best they can. You have a great card there if you will let them get this fixed. Heck, atleast yours unsecured. 

I'v been trying to figure out a polite way of saying what MyLoFico has stated... Many have gotten their card unsecured in a year (huzzah)... some not so fortunate....

BUT for a majority its been less than a year.. and your screaming bloody murder that you can't get a CLI quick enough? Theres a bit of entitlement issue running rampant on these threads... Yeah its fustrating not seeing instant gratification or slow gratification.. Youve taken the HP, why are folks like oh im going to cancel this useless thing or they dont care about the issue... Its a system issue, It's supposedly in process of being fixed (and im not talking about the 2-3 day thing)..  Its kind of embarassing seeing folks act like spoiled children who are taking their toys and going home over this.... For some.. what are your alternatives... not all since some are just using the secured as an "in" to Discover... What if this was a Credit One card (CLIs... it may cost you .. or be peanuts) or Cap one with the 6month wait for CLI? 

Sit back, take a deep breath, and stop whining.. The sky is not falling... I have a feeling.. that it will be made right.... 

-J

Message 13 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 14 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Same thing happened to me, I got up and logged in eagerly! My 13th statement. Mine didn't graduate though. lol. Congrats on your graduated card!

My next statement cuts the 9th. I'm guessing we'll be sulking together another month.

Smiley Mad

Message 15 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Is this in reference to the "bank information not recieved" denial? Because I will try one last shot at the luv button - or it's goodbye discover. I have NO use for a $200 limit unsecured card.

I understand you are angry with them but that statement is ridiculous. You are going to trash a HP, an unsecured Discover card and good history for a problem that is effecting thousands of Discover card holders. You act like they did this to you personally. Give them a chance. Just because they don't work on your schedule doesn't mean they aren't working on it the best they can. You have a great card there if you will let them get this fixed. Heck, atleast yours unsecured. 

I'v been trying to figure out a polite way of saying what MyLoFico has stated... Many have gotten their card unsecured in a year (huzzah)... some not so fortunate....

BUT for a majority its been less than a year.. and your screaming bloody murder that you can't get a CLI quick enough? Theres a bit of entitlement issue running rampant on these threads... Yeah its fustrating not seeing instant gratification or slow gratification.. Youve taken the HP, why are folks like oh im going to cancel this useless thing or they dont care about the issue... Its a system issue, It's supposedly in process of being fixed (and im not talking about the 2-3 day thing)..  Its kind of embarassing seeing folks act like spoiled children who are taking their toys and going home over this.... For some.. what are your alternatives... not all since some are just using the secured as an "in" to Discover... What if this was a Credit One card (CLIs... it may cost you .. or be peanuts) or Cap one with the 6month wait for CLI? 

Sit back, take a deep breath, and stop whining.. The sky is not falling... I have a feeling.. that it will be made right.... 

-J

I was hardly screaming bloody murder. I was just stating that I have no use for something. It is shocking to me that people are getting this worked up over my comment. Cheers to the original poster though.

Message 16 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! Congrats on your grad! 

Message 17 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

-J

I was hardly screaming bloody murder. I was just stating that I have no use for something. It is shocking to me that people are getting this worked up over my comment. Cheers to the original poster though.

"The fact that logic cannot satisfy us awakens an almost insatiable hunger for the irrational."  - A. N. Wilson

Message 18 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Just got my DiscoverIt secured in the mail today! Yay!  

What at kind of charges/payments were you making on it monthly?

hoping to duplicate your success!

thanks

Message 19 of 49
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

-J

My particular post was based on experience. Once you are graduated and happy with your growing card, you will see other posts like the one you made and you will do the samet hing. I don't think they are meant to be hostile, just someone trying to stress not to get emotional over a card. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.