Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Luv Button?

tag
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Discover Luv Button?

Recently the Luv Button ("Request Increase") showed up on my Account Summary page on the Discover iPhone app. It's been nearly 3 months since my last CLI. Does this signify that they believe I'm eligible for another CLI? 

I've been planning to wait until the 3 month mark later this week to apply for a CLI. My current SL on the card is $3,900. But I don't want to ignore the Luv Button and watch it disappear!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Luv Button?

You can request a CLI with Discover anytime. The luv button doesn’t mean you’re eligible or not — it’s always there. Mine shows all the time and I’ve been denied several times for the last 5 months.
There’s no risk in asking but no guarantees either. Discover is just weird and no one can figure them out here.
Message 2 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

The luv button won’t disappear OP😁

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 11
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@imaximous wrote:
You can request a CLI with Discover anytime. The luv button doesn’t mean you’re eligible or not — it’s always there. Mine shows all the time and I’ve been denied several times for the last 5 months.
There’s no risk in asking but no guarantees either. Discover is just weird and no one can figure them out here.

Thanks! But the Luv Button on my account only showed up recently; it definitely wasn't there before last week. I took that to mean I wasn't eligible for a CLI over the past several months, but perhaps I'm wrong. In any case, I'm going to wait until the 3 month point later this week to ask for a CLI, as planned. 

Message 4 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Thanks! But the Luv Button on my account only showed up recently; it definitely wasn't there before last week. I took that to mean I wasn't eligible for a CLI over the past several months, but perhaps I'm wrong. In any case, I'm going to wait until the 3 month point later this week to ask for a CLI, as planned. 

The button is an app upgrade being rolled out gradually. 

Speaking of CLI after 3rd statement,  wait about a week. All of my auto CLIs happened 7-8 days after statement cut. 

Message 5 of 11
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Speaking of CLI after 3rd statement,  wait about a week. All of my auto CLIs happened 7-8 days after statement cut. 

Interesting note about timing. Discover granted my last CLI on October 9, 2018. My Discover statements close each month on the 23rd. That means I've already had three statements cut since my CLI (October, November, December). So by the 3rd statement measure, I should be good to go. Or am I missing something?

Message 6 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Interesting note about timing. Discover granted my last CLI on October 9, 2018. My Discover statements close each month on the 23rd. That means I've already had three statements cut since my CLI (October, November, December). So by the 3rd statement measure, I should be good to go. Or am I missing something?

I'd ask, it's SP and there is no reset if denied. 

Message 7 of 11
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

It's truly a ymmv situation. Good thing is it's always a sp unless stated otherwise so no harm if denied.

Message 8 of 11
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I have also waited a week or so after statement cut to request a CLI.  It was time to request another CLI following my statement closure on the 25th, so requested on the 31st of Dec and approved for $4500 on the 2nd of Jan. 

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 9 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

To me, doesnt Matter if you wait til statement cut or not , a week after or before, i think somehow we are programmed to get what we get lol. No matter how hard i try or hulk smash, my cli are always $500 and basically every 3 months going 2 years strong. Big spend or pif, im relegated to AJC Specials . Im trying a small bt right now but i know how it will endSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.