cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Graduation! Data points!

Nicely done!! Congratulations on your graduation!

Message 431 of 460
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@Throwaway420  Super Congrats on your Discover graduation to $2,500 unsecured!!! Smiley Very Happy

You have a really strong 6-figure income and mid-700 FICO scores (I assume they are FICO8s).

You are in much better credit shape now than when you first started. I'd say your future is bright.

Thanks so much for sharing, and Welcome to the forum!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 432 of 460
Highlighted

Re: Discover Secured Graduation?

Same here I got my card in December 2018 its now June 2020 Statement( $0 bal) has cut and still no graduation. I have 1 inquiry, Student Loans, and im utilizing right under 25% across all cards, Maybe in July after my last of 6 is paid off they will let me graduate EQ: 707 TU: 701 EX: 699

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 620
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
EQ: 615 EX: 621 TU: 629 as of 6/20/18
Message 433 of 460
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Statement# 19 posted last week but still no graduation. I did let a few charges report on my statement (vs leaving at $0) to see if that would trigger anything but no luck.

NFCU Cash Rewards $18,500
NFCU More Rewards Amex $6,500
Merrick DYL $1,400
Discover Secured $200
NFCU CLOC $500
Message 434 of 460
Highlighted

Yeah I've given up on graduation 

Message 435 of 460
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Panda800 wrote:

Statement# 19 posted last week but still no graduation. I did let a few charges report on my statement (vs leaving at $0) to see if that would trigger anything but no luck.

@Panda800 

While there is a lot of factors that go into them graduating a card, Score/Util/payment history, there are still some that we don't.  I can say this tho, after your initial approval, the lending decisions (card/CLI/grad) are done with the EX as the basis as the Discover credit team have told me this many times over the years. Based on your siggy, i see that EX is 659 so while not a 100% sure, and YMMV as always. You could look into why your EX is still lower and try to build that one up as much as you can depending on what's on it. 

Look forward to hearing of your graduating success in the future. 

Message 436 of 460
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Throwaway420 wrote:

Card graduated 2 days after 7th statement.

There was no CLI (I wonder if covid was a factor)

I did try to request a CLI via the app and was instantly declined and a letter will be sent with the reasons why.

I did not receive an email. I called and the rep said my account had graduated and I should be expecting a check within 7-10 business days.

Account was opened with a deposit of $800 then I gradually deposited money each month until the account reached $2500.

PIF every month.

TU FICO: 761

Equifax: 758

Experian: 754

Income: 200k

Congrats on the graduation.    

I started at the base 200 and mine graduated at the 7th month like yours without CLI either.  This was in 2017, so i would say it's based more on profile and usage then other world factors.  As always, YMMV

Message 437 of 460
Highlighted
New Visitor

I received my graduation and CLI this morning.  Opened account Nov 2nd with $400 deposit.  Had 560 credit when opened.  Have 671 now.  Credit Limit raised to $2000.  

Message 438 of 460
Highlighted
Valued Member

Just curious if anyone had any other single card or more with 90% + utilization and graduated at some point

Message 439 of 460
Highlighted
New Visitor

My card graduated this morning after a year and 6 months. I had to file bankruptcy 2 years ago. I think that's why it took so long to graduate. 

Experian score was 549 when I first started rebuilding my credit. The highest Ive ever gotten that score was 649. As of today it's 623.

My Equifax score was 595 when I first started. It's 652 now

My TransUnion score is was 510 when I first started now it's 609.

My credit limit went from 200 to 1800!! 🙌🙌

Message 440 of 460
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.