Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover approved or not????

tag
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

Discover approved or not????

I just closed on a house this week and am ready to begin gardening for a year or two.  I only have two small Captial one CC with $300 limits, so I know I need some bigger limit cards.  My scores are 645-660.  I applied for capital one and recieved a $1000 card.

I then applied to Discover and got the prompt that my approval status was being reviewed but was also prompted to set up an online acct.  I went thru the steps and again received a noticed that my "approval status' was being reviewed and I would be notified.

I assume this is a denial, but why go thur setting up an online acct and all the extra BS?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover approved or not????

You were approved...thats why they set you up an account.

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 2 of 5
Fyre800
Established Member

Exact same thing happened when I applied for my Discover Escape... I immediatly called in to see if then needed anything and they transferred me to a credit analyst. There she approved me on the spot for $1500. My score was similar to yours at that time.

Main cards:
NFCU Platinum $25k
Bank of America Alaska Airlines $20k
Message 3 of 5
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

Excellent!!!!   I knew you guys would be right on it!!!

That will be a good one for the garden!!!

Message 4 of 5
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

One more question, or two,  will they send me an email or just send things snail mail??

Also, how do their limits usually start, like is 1K the bottom or less?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.