Super Contributor

Re: Discover checks via mail?

@Anonymous wrote:

HMM... If they send me some I can write some big checks now! Smiley LOL

Lol now, now CAPTOOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

Got mine today too along with a better offer from Fidelity's 18 months 0% interest with 11.24% after the  promotional period ends. 

That would be a goodie too

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 12 of 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

DW and I both got them yesterday. Never had them before. They also allow writing a check to yourself, which could be a good thing, if we were in need of funds right now, but we don't need. I'm sure these will work well for someone. Classy packaging!

New twist for Discover for sure 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 13 of 27
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Discover now allows Direct deposits for BT Offers.

Was looking around the site a few days ago and noticed they now offer you the option to do a direct deposit for a Balance transfer similar to how citi allows you to instead of paying it directly to the CC. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover now allows Direct deposits for BT Offers.

Interesting. I don't get BT offers from Discover, but this is a nice feature for those who do.

Message 15 of 27
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Great info! Thanks for sharing.

Direct Deposit is my preference for BTs.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was available from quite sometime.
Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How long have you had the feature? Idk how long it's been available on my account because I don't check BT offers often. I checked my account after someone else posted it.

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Was looking around the site a few days ago and noticed they now offer you the option to do a direct deposit for a Balance transfer similar to how citi allows you to instead of paying it directly to the CC. 

Thanks for sharing!Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 27
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I check the offers reguarly and it wasn't there last time.... A few weeks ago. Either way never noticed it brought up in here so I figured ill share anyways .

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.