Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Secured Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it Secured Question

I apped for a Discover it secured with a $2500 limit and was wondering if when I graduate it will continue to have that limit or if it will be lowered once the deposit is refunded. How long does it usually take to graduate from secured? Can the card be pc'd easily once graduated? I am on the 2% and 1%cb but would like the rotating card.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover it Secured Question

It will be that much or more. You can PC the card now and it will take effect next statement. Soonest you can graduate is by the 7th month.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, thanks! I'll call in to see what they can do.

Message 3 of 10
Medic981
Valued Contributor

My Discover secured with $200 graduated in 7 months to $2000. Discover is awesome!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, did you use it frequently within the 7mos?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi sorry I am learning the lingo what does "pc" the card mean?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC = Product Change.  Changing an existing card to a different card in the issuer's portfolio without opening a new account.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohh really? How do we do that ? I have a secured discover it card too that graduates in November. Is this something good to do?

@Anonymous wrote:

PC = Product Change.  Changing an existing card to a different card in the issuer's portfolio without opening a new account.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them or send a secure message online (if they offer that option).

If a different card offers better rewards for your spend than your current card, or if you want to switch from a card with an annual fee to one without, PCing is a way to do it.  Some issuers have restrictions as to what cards can be changed to/from what.  I don't know what Discover's rules are in that regard.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did it thanks so much for the info

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.