Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover's BT offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover's BT offers

So I use to get these offers all the time but now I dont get any. Could this be because I currently have a BT on the card? I'm just curious if others stop receiving offers after they accepted one.

I will be able to pay mine off in full today (0% doesnt end until August) so I was wondering if that may increase my chances of these offers returning.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover's BT offers

@Anonymous wrote:

So I use to get these offers all the time but now I dont get any. Could this be because I currently have a BT on the card? I'm just curious if others stop receiving offers after they accepted one.

I will be able to pay mine off in full today (0% doesnt end until August) so I was wondering if that may increase my chances of these offers returning.

I used to get them all the time too. Now they come and go. Maybe it's a change in policy. Maybe it's just Discover's randomness.

Total revolving limits 650200 (530700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 708 TU 714 EX 715

Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I recently did one , paid it off, and i still have offers on my card. Go figure. I think they will come bqck 3specially if you pay yours off. If you need another you could always call in and see if they have another offer. Let them know you would like to do another bt.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

mr_suave still receive offers from Discover ... have taken three that overlap and they have offers available.

Message 4 of 8
NRB525
Super Contributor

Discover BT offers always have an expiration date, so it is possible they do not immediately refresh for all cardholders. I have seen them drop / not refresh the BT offers from time to time. But they have always reappeared.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t get them anymore. I received one, used it, paid it off fairly quick and I haven’t had another since. It’s been about 8 months.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I don’t get them anymore. I received one, used it, paid it off fairly quick and I haven’t had another since. It’s been about 8 months.

Follow your post. The same thing has happened to me with Citi Bank and I would call them and I would get them and paid off quickly. Now they do not give me BTs anymore. Only a guess ... our paying the BTs off faster than they like (business reasons) causes them to not offer more. May also be what they perceive as our DTI and credit bureau profile (pure guess on my part).

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies! I haven’t gotten any more offers since I use theirs in June of last year. I just paid it off yesterday which was like 6 months early so I can focus on paying off other BTs that expire later. 

Hopefully i get an offer within the next 6 months or so.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.