Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have DCU?

tag
dpride86
Regular Contributor

Do you have DCU?

Hi,

I have been looking into opening a account with DCU and was wondering if any of you guys have a account with them? Is it worth it?

-Current Score: TU 719 EQ 705 and EX 708 1-11-15
-My Goal: 740+ on all 3
-My wallet:
NFCU Cash Rewards 17k,Fidelity Amex 10.1k, QS 8k, DCU Visa Platinum 7.5k, Chase Freedom 7k, Penfed Promise 6.5k, Amex BCE 6k and Citi 5K.
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you have DCU?

DCU is great IMO.  If you are not interested in thier credit products, their checking and savings accounts are great as well.  Plus, and the most important thing, is that you will get your free Fico score monthly with them.  So yes I highly recommend them.

You may read about others who don't have a good opinion of them because their applications were never completed by DCU or they might have gotten the account open and had to provide other documents of which they lost, etc.  Their experiences shouldn't be discounted because obviously there are some issues (based on what others have said).  So I am speaking only about my positive experience with them.  I think there was only one time that I did get a not so courteous csr on the phone, but honestly those people can be at any company.  Overall my experience with them has been 99% satisfactory.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I have DCU, my DH and I have been members since 2005. They give you a free eq score and if your payroll is DD - credited up to 2 days early.

Plus, I like the shared branching. Not sure what you mean by is it worth it? My checks and account are free.

YMMV
Message 3 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 40
dpride86
Regular Contributor

Oh wow thank you for the information. I will be applying very soon.

-Current Score: TU 719 EQ 705 and EX 708 1-11-15
-My Goal: 740+ on all 3
-My wallet:
NFCU Cash Rewards 17k,Fidelity Amex 10.1k, QS 8k, DCU Visa Platinum 7.5k, Chase Freedom 7k, Penfed Promise 6.5k, Amex BCE 6k and Citi 5K.
Message 5 of 40
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I've got an account with them. Got checking, savings, and an auto loan.  I may get their CC this fall.  I'm very happy with them but I know some folks have had issues getting their accounts set up.  Free FICO is very very very nice.  You don't need a DD to get the score.  I had nothing but checking and savings and didn't use either but still recieved the score even before I had the loan, around six months or so.

Message 6 of 40
HiLine
Blogger

Keep in mind that DCU gives you a hard pull when you open your first account with them. But I've heard they have competite rates for auto loans, so if you're interest in this product you may want to consider getting your foot in the door with them for future uses. Robot Happy

Message 7 of 40
rushx2112
New Contributor

It takes more time and is more work than most credit cards but worth it in the end, they gave me the best rate and highest limit of any of my cards.... plus free FICO!

Message 8 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I applied on a Sat evening for CC, Monday morning they called with approval and offered to refi my auto loan. Received my CC on Thursday, car loan docs were e-signed during my phone call. Checked the status of my auto loan with Chase (original lender) they received their funds two days later.

So my experience with the cc and auto refi was excellent.
Message 9 of 40
rushx2112
New Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I applied on a Sat evening for CC, Monday morning they called with approval and offered to refi my auto loan. Received my CC on Thursday, car loan docs were e-signed during my phone call. Checked the status of my auto loan with Chase (original lender) they received their funds two days later.

So my experience with the cc and auto refi was excellent.

I'm so jealous!  I was approved on 24 February and still haven't received mine!  I emailed them earlier this week and they said sorry for the delay 7-10 days Smiley Sad

Oh well, good things come to those who wait? Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.