Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase convert Slate into CSP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Chase convert Slate into CSP?

Has anyone ever been able to do a product change from Slate to CSP? I no longer have any need for my Slate at 11k, so I would like to get the CSP to make the most out of my Freedom! If I can't make the change, I would just move the Slate limit to Freedom and close it.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Chase convert Slate into CSP?

They will do it but you will not initial sign up bonus that comes with CSP.  If you are fine with that, give them a call.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does CSP stand for?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What does CSP stand for?

CSP = Chase Sapphire Preferred.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can get 2 cents per reward point of value (which may be difficult or trivial, depending on your travel habits) then the signup bonus of 50k Chase UR points can be worth $1k.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Thanks.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just open up a CSP card separately. The current rewards is worth 50k points! Not to mention the 1st year AF of $95 is waived.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also investigate the "5/24 rule" which may hurt your odds of approval.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 5/24 rule would preclude me from getting a new CSP for about 13 more months. After i've thought about it more, I think i'll just stand pat until after my mortgage closes and then shift the limit to my Freedom and close the Slate. I don't really want the CSP too much, I think the Venture is a better overall card unless you have regular use of a specific airline in which you can maximize UR points, it's really not even close.
Message 9 of 10
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I definitely think transferring the limit to your Freedom is a much better option than trying to PC the Slate to the CSP, although...

I would have to disagree with the second part of your paragraph, however. Having both cards, I can at least see what I am paying an AF for with the CSP. I am able to obtain an excellent value with UR points transferring them to Hyatt, United, and BA. The Venture... what exactly is there to be paying an AF for starting on year two? 2% is widely available for free now on several cards with 0 AF. You're right, it's not even close at all when it comes to realizing value for the AF. It's going to be up to the individual to decide, but I would have a hard time recommending a Venture to a serious traveler beyond the sign up bonus.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.