Did you mean: 

DoubleCash to Custom Cash

tag
ShinsekaiYori
Valued Member

Re: DoubleCash to Custom Cash

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am wondering if anyone has sucessfully upgraded their Double Cash to the Custom Cash. I haven't heard of anyone being able to yet. I spoke with a rep who said they could start August 1st.

Not sure if you've perused the datapoints and discussions upthread, but thus far no PCs from Double Cash to Custom Cash.

I have been keeping an eye on this thread over the last couple weeks. I've been in training at a new job so haven't had much I can add to the conversation but I'm blown away with the amount of research people have put in. I love it here!

TO

Message 91 of 226
JamP
Valued Contributor

We push the limits, literally.. Smiley Happy

@ShinsekaiYori wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am wondering if anyone has sucessfully upgraded their Double Cash to the Custom Cash. I haven't heard of anyone being able to yet. I spoke with a rep who said they could start August 1st.

Not sure if you've perused the datapoints and discussions upthread, but thus far no PCs from Double Cash to Custom Cash.

I have been keeping an eye on this thread over the last couple weeks. I've been in training at a new job so haven't had much I can add to the conversation but I'm blown away with the amount of research people have put in. I love it here!

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 92 of 226
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@craig10x wrote:

Thanks!  I looked at the calendar and Oct 17th would be exactly 51 days after the conversion date...So, i will wait until at least Oct 18th to try to do that second conversion to Custom Cash...Appreciate the feedback... Smiley Happy

Have you considered trying for the second PC sooner? There was one report somewhere (another thread here on MF? DoC? I can't recall.) from someone who did the two-PC thing on a single phone call. That's extreme, but it suggests perhaps Citi's systems don't actually require waiting until the 51-day recission period has run. I don't see that you have anything to lose by trying it.

Message 93 of 226
craig10x
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much...i wasn't aware that some have been able to do the "second hop" very quickly...And you are right...there would be no harm in trying... Well the Rewards Plus is now properly set up in my online banking...and the card is on the way...i will give it a try...although i think i will wait until i receive the Rewards Plus card and activate it first and then give it a try...

And if anyone around here has had success in doing the double hop very quickly...please do post here...

Message 94 of 226
craig10x
Regular Contributor

I contacted chat...he put something in for me and asked that i get on the chat next monday (sept 6th) and at that time i should be able to do that final conversion...decided not to wait for the card in the mail for rewards plus since i won't be able to use it anyway....

I hop the Chat CSR was right...guess i will find out next monday...LOL

Message 95 of 226
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

I love the repeating pattern with Citi CSR's......everything can always be done "later".  Try on "this" date or "that" date.....I think they just throw out arbitrary time frames because none of them actually want to have to do their job, and that's their way of pushing it off on another CSR down the road.  *smh*

@craig10x  Well good luck with this.....I think you will be extremely lucky if you pull this off and I'll be a little jealous.  I'm still waiting for my phone call from the Citi financial analyst. I called again today and was told the analyst would be in touch within the next 24-48 hours. (another arbitrary delay? who knows...) 

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 96 of 226
craig10x
Regular Contributor

@Taurus22 wrote:

I love the repeating pattern with Citi CSR's......everything can always be done "later".  Try on "this" date or "that" date.....I think they just throw out arbitrary time frames because none of them actually want to have to do their job, and that's their way of pushing it off on another CSR down the road.  *smh*

@craig10x  Well good luck with this.....I think you will be extremely lucky if you pull this off and I'll be a little jealous.  I'm still waiting for my phone call from the Citi financial analyst. I called again today and was told the analyst would be in touch within the next 24-48 hours. (another arbitrary delay? who knows...) 

That's true...well i will check in next monday and see what happens although i have a feeling i will have to wait until October 20th and even then will be lucky if i can make the change...

Message 97 of 226
craig10x
Regular Contributor

I just realized...the statement for my Rewards Plus closes out on August 6th so perhaps that is why he said i would be able to do it on August 7th...well..i guess i will know next week...

Message 98 of 226
craig10x
Regular Contributor

I read over my chat message and just figured out what he was saying...he saw i recently did the change from double cash to rewards plus...since it wasn't locked in yet (which would be Oct 18th) he process an order to CANCEL the upgrade to Rewards Plus on next Monday which is the statement close out date...so in order to then upgrade to Custom Cash before it reverses back to Double Cash on tueday, i need to chat with the monday to have them process it to change to Custom Cash instead...

Have to hope now that it goes ok...I think if i had waited for the "lock in date" then he could have made the change for me right away...  If it doesn't go through i will be sorry i didn't wait...  I won't try again if it doesn't work out...just go back to double cash and not bother...

Message 99 of 226
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@craig10x wrote:

I read over my chat message and just figured out what he was saying...he saw i recently did the change from double cash to rewards plus...since it wasn't locked in yet (which would be Oct 18th) he process an order to CANCEL the upgrade to Rewards Plus on next Monday which is the statement close out date...so in order to then upgrade to Custom Cash before it reverses back to Double Cash on tueday, i need to chat with the monday to have them process it to change to Custom Cash instead...

Have to hope now that it goes ok...I think if i had waited for the "lock in date" then he could have made the change for me right away...  If it doesn't go through i will be sorry i didn't wait...  I won't try again if it doesn't work out...just go back to double cash and not bother...

Oh crap! I hope you don't get a bad result here. I'm really sorry for suggesting something that might backfire. 😟

Message 100 of 226
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.