cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY MASTERCARD RANDOMLY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EBAY MASTERCARD RANDOMLY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT!

@Anonymous wrote:

Lowers your overall aggregate CL amount which can affect aggregate utilization if you carry balances.

Will count towards AAoA for 10 years.

No negative effect otherwise.

Yeah, that I'm not too concerned about because I'm on some high-CL cards that my husband has, this CL was only $700 originally. As long as it doesnt come up as like derogatory is what I was concerned with

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, I would be upset with myself more than I would be upset at a company for closing my account for said reasons. Bottom line is we are accountable and the fact that they forgave you once was kind of them. They have every right to hold you culpable for any behavior that they feel is negligent.
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Honestly, I would be upset with myself more than I would be upset at a company for closing my account for said reasons. Bottom line is we are accountable and the fact that they forgave you once was kind of them. They have every right to hold you culpable for any behavior that they feel is negligent.

Well aware.

Message 13 of 27
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear, but Ebay MC itself didn't close your card, it was the lender who backs it...Synch. It was your bounced payments that did it, once is fluke and can be looked over, but twice is a red flag to lenders.

You can call all you want and explain your situation till you're blue in the face, but they won't re-open your act. They will tell to "re-apply".

Its a tough situation, and Im sorry, but the lenders may have started to see a potential problematic pattern after the 2nd bounced check. Its just business. If you have a balance on the card right now, get it paid off asap! FICO scores closed acts with a balance differently.

Message 14 of 27
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
You can call all you want and explain your situation till you're blue in the face, but they won't re-open your act. They will tell to "re-apply".

Yeah, I don't even think trying to "leverage" the hurricane situation isn't gonna be enough.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call leverage storm and disruption of area and they may  be nice.  It has been 10 months since storm damage here and we stil have people requesting relief from code enforcement of the clean up and they just extended it  til 12/31. Now it just a willingness issue and nothing else as there are plenty of people to clean up 

Message 16 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a well known issue with Synchrony bank (and others).

When you use their website to make a payment, you're agreeing to a contract.  Bouncing that paying violates the contract and may create havoc and cost for the bank.  Bouncing twice is a death penalty for accounts.

This is why I push payments from my bank versus pull payments from the credit card website.  I only do pull payments using autopay set up but I always pay off the balance before the autopay kicks in.

Autopay is just for emergencies when I can't get to the website, which is never.

It's rarely mentioned but is a very critical area of concern.

It's one that's a very good habit to get into especially when you're trying to build a credit platform for yourself and/or family starting out and beyond.

Good arguments can be made either way but the PUSH payments keeps you on top of matters and avoids unintended circumstances or other pitfalls that have happened and still do from not only bounced payments triggering a negative event but lender website issues such as people getting dounble-charged etc.

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd imagine at this point it's safe to assume I won't be able to ever get anything with Synch ever again, right..?

Message 18 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd imagine at this point it's safe to assume I won't be able to ever get anything with Synch ever again, right..?

On the contrary.

Maybe this particular account will be out of reach for you i think it's (1) year before you can reapply again.

Member CreditAddict and some others are pretty sharp and very up on how synchrony goes this way and that more than myself, but this ordeal IS NOT by any means a lifetime ban or anything of the sort.

There's some wiggle room (the way they operate) where you can get approved for other of their cards i'm just not as learned in this matter as some who been through it.

Synchrony won't fully abandon your chances though. Seen this time and again in these forums so best of luck for you get past this and back on track with them again.

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never been keen on push I always do pulls. I am always concerened about when they post.  Used to do push and some take over a week to post and that bothered me. .  What I do though is weekly make one payment for "new" statements for the minimum and then go back  later on mae the real payment when I see how much money I have to I see if want to pay more, pay in full or pay to z.    I try to keep $3K in personal checking and $20K in biz checking at all times.  It is rare I that I don't pif and usually to z. 

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.