Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn 3% on everything using one card -Dead !-

tag
Venom911
Valued Member

Re: Earn 3% on everything using one card - LONG UPDATE

The rewards shows up on ur statement. U will get the extra 1% as long as you the transaction is pin-less.

EXP 744 TU 751 EQ 744 TCL=$26,300
Message 91 of 409
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Lion99

When you open your paypal cashback account at the middle of the page does it say 

CASH REWARDS BALANCE -- Redeem Anytime to your paypal balanc

or does it say current points balance ?

Message 92 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

@patoot10wrote:

Lion99

When you open your paypal cashback account at the middle of the page does it say 

CASH REWARDS BALANCE -- Redeem Anytime to your paypal balanc

or does it say current points balance ?

It says cash rewards balance.  Thanks!

Message 93 of 409
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for clearing that.

Message 94 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this tip! My husband just got a Paypal 2% cash back card and I've linked it to our Paypal debit cards. Now I just have to figure out how to get a major CLI on his Paypal credit card!

Edit: Does anyone know for sure if this method works for Apple Pay?

Message 95 of 409
OmarR
Established Contributor

I am wondering if this will come to an end when Synchrony takes over Paypal Credit.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 96 of 409
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@OmarR wrote:

I am wondering if this will come to an end when Synchrony takes over Paypal Credit.

PayPal (the company) allows the PayPal debit card to be funded by the 2% PP Cashback card. This benefit could be terminated at anytime; that said, I do not see how/why this would be correlated to Synchrony acquiring PP Credit from Comenity.

Nevertheless, let’s enjoy this mutually beneficial arrangement!!

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 97 of 409
OmarR
Established Contributor

@Namaste7 wrote:

@OmarR wrote:

PayPal (the company) allows the PayPal debit card to be funded by the 2% PP Cashback card. This benefit could be terminated at anytime; that said, I do not see how/why this would be correlated to Synchrony acquiring PP Credit from Comenity.

Nevertheless, let’s enjoy this mutually beneficial arrangement!!

Simple Answer:

ZERO Swipes & ZERO interest.

I only applied for Synchrony's Paypal card because of this 3% trick, so this means that Paypal's business debit card is what goes in my wallet. As someone who always PIF's, Synchrony gets NO swipes and NO interest from me.

Granted, I (we, here on this forum) are probably the exception to the rule. I am sure MANY millions of people swipe their 2% Paypal MC daily and always carry a balance. And this is highly unlikely to change. But if Synchrony's TOS/agreement is worth the paper it's written on...than the correlation is definitely there.

PP credit may be "on the side" and aside, but the more Synchrony becomes a bedfellow with Paypal, the more they can change terms to benefit their needs.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 98 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Venom911 wrote:
The rewards shows up on ur statement. U will get the extra 1% as long as you the transaction is pin-less.

Does this mean that when using the card on a swipe you can select credit rather than debit and get the reward? 

Message 99 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it means you have to run it as credit to get the 1% from the debit card. But either debit or credit should get you the 2% from the CC so 2% for debit transactions and 3% for credit transactions.
Message 100 of 409
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.