Earn 3% on everything using one card -Dead !-

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Earn 3% on everything using one card - RECENT UPDATE

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Really is disappointing, I just jumped on the bandwagon last month right before they decide to crash it.

Makes two of us. 

I joined recently as well, but given that the thread was started Feb 2018, we have only ourselves to blame!

Well actually I didn’t get my PayPal CB until January anyway so it’s not like I sat around with it for very long. The thing is, the PayPal CB was spurred because of the 3% strategy I was building so this sucks. 

Message 381 of 409
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Really is disappointing, I just jumped on the bandwagon last month right before they decide to crash it.

Makes two of us. 

I joined recently as well, but given that the thread was started Feb 2018, we have only ourselves to blame!

Well actually I didn’t get my PayPal CB until January anyway so it’s not like I sat around with it for very long. The thing is, the PayPal CB was spurred because of the 3% strategy I was building so this sucks. 

Same here but my point was that other things being equal we could have gone for the Paypal CB card much earlier, perhaps prioriting it over something else.    I was late to this one, but my experience has been some good things are worth getting as soon as your hear about them, because they will go away  (for me, this included the uncapped BCP, uncapped Cash +, 5x TY Preferred and Amex OBC.   They all nerfed within a year or so, just like this one perhaps!)

Message 382 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I had a $493 collections bill that I had to pay just now and I used the Business Debit so I could earn 2% back instead of paying a 2% fee for using a credit card. 

Last day, might as well go out with a bang. 

Message 383 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I had a $493 collections bill that I had to pay just now and I used the Business Debit so I could earn 2% back instead of paying a 2% fee for using a credit card. 

Last day, might as well go out with a bang. 

Saeren is on the 2% seesaw!

Message 384 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm starting to look into other ventures for higher %. I haven't used it yet, but glancing through my Chase app, noticed Shop through Chase in the rewards section. A lot of stores are 2%+ like Walmart, Home Depot, etc and the website says it's ontop of the rewards you already get. If I simply plan shopping ahead (i.e. non-grocery expenses) I get 2% + 1.5% from my CFU for a total of 3.5% AND I just pick up in store, and not deal with the lines. Even 1% stores it would become 2.5%. Is this how it works? I have no idea yet, but if it do... It's something. Smiley Happy

Message 385 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE! I just got the email slated for the 18th. They're apparently doing it in rollout stages.
Message 386 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!!!

I was one of the ones that didn’t get the email.. Just got it with a shutdown date of March 18th.. R.I.P...
Message 387 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

It also states

When there’s not sufficient PayPal balance to cover a purchase, the difference will be paid out of the bank account linked to your PayPal Business Debit Mastercard.
If you already have a bank account linked as a Back Up Funding source for your PayPal Business Debit Mastercard, then there is no action required.

So apparently they will auto swap to your bank account.
Message 388 of 409
SBR249
Established Contributor

Put me down for the March 18th crew. Didn't get the original March 11th email, but alas, the dragnet has caught me. I guess I did use the debit card pretty heavily this past weekend as a possible last hurrah, maybe that put me on the radar. But then again, my definition of "heavily" is ~$100. 

Message 389 of 409
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

^^

Same email, same date.

I update the topic to reflect that this is happening !

Message 390 of 409
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.