Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn 3% on everything using one card -Dead !-

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Earn 3% on everything using one card - LONG UPDATE

@ckhf2002 yeah man 2% on debit transactions that's pretty much what patoot and I said in our last posts.
Message 81 of 409
OmarR
Established Contributor

I haven't carried a debit card in probably over 3 years now.

Albeit, I live in a major city, but do you guys run across alot of vendors that have a POS terminal in which they take debit, but not credit?

Even my state's BMV takes a credit card for driver's license renewal and vehicle registration.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 82 of 409
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Almost any terminal that requires you to insert the card because it has chip reader can identify if your card is debit or credit and based on that the transaction will go one way or the other. That's why in fast food, restaurants and online its always credit becuase you either swipe the card or there is no physical card present to begin with. With those terminals you need to figure out how to use your paypal debit and still earn 3%. At walmart I use walmart pay and at sams I use scan and go. Both of those payment methods keep me from inserting my debit card into the chip reader.

Message 83 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the end, do you earn 3% CB, 1% on debit, and 2% CBMC? Or they only give you the 1%?
Message 84 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's set up right (PayPal cash back as fallback payment method and $0 in PayPal account), it should give you 3% on credit transactions (1% from business debit 2% from cash back cc) and 2% for debit transactions (0% from business debit and 2% from cash back cc)
Message 85 of 409
Venom911
Valued Member

I applied For Paypal 2% cashback credit card, but I found that it earns rewards points not actual cash and the points doesn't even match the 2%. I called their CS and she told me that I earn points and cashback at the same time and that the points include the cash. Does anyone know anything about this?!

EXP 744 TU 751 EQ 744 TCL=$26,300
Message 86 of 409
OmarR
Established Contributor

@Venom911wrote:

I applied For Paypal 2% cashback credit card, but I found that it earns rewards points not actual cash and the points doesn't even match the 2%. I called their CS and she told me that I earn points and cashback at the same time and that the points include the cash. Does anyone know anything about this?!

The guys in your other thread gave you correct info.

The 3-2-1 rewards structure is for the Paypal Extras Card.

It's quite possible you app'ed for the wrong card.

Message 87 of 409
OmarR
Established Contributor

@Venom911wrote:

Additional info:

Even though I have the 2% CB card and not the Extras Card, all my credit reports list it as:

SYNCB/PAYPAL EXTRAS MC

So I don't know if that is causing any confusion as to how any CSR is reading it.

Message 88 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarRwrote:

@Venom911wrote:

Additional info:

Even though I have the 2% CB card and not the Extras Card, all my credit reports list it as:

SYNCB/PAYPAL EXTRAS MC

So I don't know if that is causing any confusion as to how any CSR is reading it.

I just got my CB version and it showed up as SYNCB/PAYPAL EXTRAS MC as well.  When do the rewards points post?  At the end of the month?  I was concerned that they might have given me the wrong one but maybe that is just the way it is shown on the report.

Also, am I correct in thinking that the debit card will pull funds from the CB card regardless if the transaction is coded as debit or credit (if balance is zero)?  And that whether it's debit/credit simply determines if you get the extra 1% cashback?

Message 89 of 409
Venom911
Valued Member

The inquiry is showing up as Extras MC like u said. The thing is all the terms that recite and when I call them is similar to the Extras card, however, my card and the account clearly states it's a CB MC. Even if what they are saying is true, the points doesn't add up

EXP 744 TU 751 EQ 744 TCL=$26,300
Message 90 of 409
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.