cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elan/Fidelity reporting balance before statement end?

tag
marmaladepie
Regular Contributor

Elan/Fidelity reporting balance before statement end?

Is this unheard of or common knowledge?
My statement ends 10-7-19 so I paid the balance off full last night in order to avoid a large balance reporting. Had a big expense put on the card over a week ago. The balance as of this morning according to EX showed the large expense. : /
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Elan/Fidelity reporting balance before statement end?

@marmaladepie wrote:
Is this unheard of or common knowledge?
My statement ends 10-7-19 so I paid the balance off full last night in order to avoid a large balance reporting. Had a big expense put on the card over a week ago. The balance as of this morning according to EX showed the large expense. : /

Elan Financial Services is a subsidiary of U.S. Bank.  

Both U.S. Bank and Elan report the balance on the last business day of the month to the credit bureaus.

Message 2 of 6
marmaladepie
Regular Contributor

Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Both U.S. Bank and Elan report the balance on the last business day of the month to the credit bureaus.

This is true, and I would also add that it takes a few days for that balance to be effected at the CRAs.  3-5 depending on the bureau is my experience.  This is why I often wait several days before pulling a "New Month" set of FICO scores.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 4 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

My US Bank balances are reflected on EX as of today. I'm fairly certain TU will update before 2025. 

Message 5 of 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

As another poster said, I believe Elan is part of US Bank. US Bank reports the current balance on the last day of the month or somewhere around there. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.