Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expediting Cards

tag
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

Expediting Cards

Does anyone know about expediting either of these cards? I'm just trying to enjoy the instant gratification that our system has bred us consumers to desire Smiley Happy Maybe this will help others in the future looking to do the same.

Here's what I got when calling the companies:

Chase Sapphire Preferred

Customer Service

800-493-3319

Ordered..."account not fully setup yet....can't expedite first card (meaning I don't already have a Chase credit product) b/c it has the lending agreement that must be sent first with it...should send by end of the week". The CSR did say that they will monitor my account over the next few days, and when the card is sent CSR will call me so I can verbally approve an expedite card be sent 1 day UPS. That means it will arive a few days earlier than the non-expedite card" It sounds good, but really it's a matter of a few days at this point. Since CSR said they'll do it, I'll go for it. If I already had a Chase credit product, a new card can always be 1 day UPS expedited (presumably no charge).

American Express Blue Cash Preferred

New Accounts Department

800-641-2400

"Card is in the mail...but couldn't be expedited"

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Expediting Cards

Have you heard anything further from PenFed? 

Message 2 of 15
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

Still pending... they said by the end of day today or early tomorrow I should know.

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 3 of 15
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

And the battle between Chase CSP and AMEX customer service going on. It seems CSP is edging on AMEX!

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 4 of 15
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

My CSP cards have always been expedited. I've never had to wait very long for any of them.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 15
swpopham
Established Contributor

Once my csp cli's next time Amex falls out of my wallet. Csr experience has been great, visa signature is so so... but non american Amex service blows.
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 6 of 15
Carbon44
Contributor

Any chase card has great customer service... Amex on the other hand I can't say the same. Main reason I got rid of the gold card and went to the zync.
Chase Sapphire Preferred (Visa Signature), Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover IT, American Express Blue Cash Everyday, American Express Zync
Message 7 of 15
bribro
Valued Contributor

Everything from J.P. Morgan/Chase seems to be expedited by default, at least in my experience. My Palladium (naturally), CSP and even Freedom cards were all sent via UPS overnight. Even my duplicate cards were overnighted (I hope they have a good discount on shipping!). Citi will overnight my cards upon request with little to no resistance.

AmEx is another story, at least for your first card with them. When I was recently approved for my AmEx Blue Sky I pushed pretty hard to have the card expedited but was told it can't be done by 3 CSRs - one said I could try calling a few times a day to try and stop the snail mail process, but that it was unlikely since they follow a certain procedure. I now have to wait for my card to arrive via snail mail and I can't activate until I physically receive the card. It's pretty frustrating because I need to book a flight ASAP before the prices jump, and I'm at the mercy of USPS. Ugh.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 8 of 15
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@DesertLife wrote:

Does anyone know about expediting either of these cards? I'm just trying to enjoy the instant gratification that our system has bred us consumers to desire Smiley Happy Maybe this will help others in the future looking to do the same.

Or lack of planning on your part?    Cat LOL  I like thigs to go fast too, but rushing things sometimes creates problems.

Message 9 of 15
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

Everything from J.P. Morgan/Chase seems to be expedited by default, at least in my experience. My Palladium (naturally), CSP and even Freedom cards were all sent via UPS overnight. Even my duplicate cards were overnighted (I hope they have a good discount on shipping!). Citi will overnight my cards upon request with little to no resistance.

AmEx is another story, at least for your first card with them. When I was recently approved for my AmEx Blue Sky I pushed pretty hard to have the card expedited but was told it can't be done by 3 CSRs - one said I could try calling a few times a day to try and stop the snail mail process, but that it was unlikely since they follow a certain procedure. I now have to wait for my card to arrive via snail mail and I can't activate until I physically receive the card. It's pretty frustrating because I need to book a flight ASAP before the prices jump, and I'm at the mercy of USPS. Ugh.

It seems like any additional cards you get approved for once you're a customer are expedited, as well as any replacements you might need.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.