Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO up, need app advice

tag
LilyWallace
Valued Member

FICO up, need app advice

I checked my FICOs in the last few days and I had some lates fall off from Feb 2011. My TU FICO is showing as 737, it is the only one that allows me to refresh. Before the lates fell off my TU was 687. I can't refresh my EQ/EX scores because I'm using the trials on SW and the EX website for the next few days. Last check (about a week ago) they were: EQ 629 and EX 603. TU showing 4 INQ, EQ/EX zero INQ. 

I considered applying for Discover or maybe a Chase card. Guessing that my other scores have also jumped, can anyone advise on which card or cards would be a good attempt for me at this time? 

I  have 2 GECRB backed cards, one from Feb 2013 and one from March 2013 but I haven't used them yet. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO up, need app advice

Have you considered the Barclays Rewards card? They pull TU.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

what kind of cards do u want? cashback? travel rewards? no APR / Balance Transfer cards? Low APR?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 24
LilyWallace
Valued Member

Yes, but I am a little hesitant due to what I have read about their mood swings with pulling cards. I also have some derogs, CO and CA I am slowly paying off. Several installment loans in good standing though. 

Message 4 of 24
LilyWallace
Valued Member

@enharu wrote:

what kind of cards do u want? cashback? travel rewards? no APR / Balance Transfer cards? Low APR?

Oops, yeah I could have been more specific.

Cashback or Low APR. I'm not a big traveler. 

Message 5 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

For Cashback, check out Discover IT, Chase Freedom, US Bank Cash+, Citi Dividend, American Express Blue Cash Everyday / Preferred.

As for Low APR, check out credit unions, Wells Fargo, Citi Simplicity, Chase Slate. 

That's all I can think of right now. Hope this helps!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 24
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Barclays Rewards gives 2% on utilities, gas, and groceries. Better than my Cap1 at 1.5%. I have a 9.5 yr old BK 7 and one $1000 collection and they approved me on Friday...matched my limits on the Cap1 Cash Rewards and BB store card, $2500 CL. My everyday spend per month is about $1600. Chase and Discover gave me $1000 toy limits. I'm still waiting for my card!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 7 of 24
LilyWallace
Valued Member

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Barclays Rewards gives 2% on utilities, gas, and groceries. Better than my Cap1 at 1.5%. I have a 9.5 yr old BK 7 and one $1000 collection and they approved me on Friday...matched my limits on the Cap1 Cash Rewards and BB store card, $2500 CL. My everyday spend per month is about $1600. Chase and Discover gave me $1000 toy limits. I'm still waiting for my card!

Thanks for the info. And congrats on the new house! 

Message 8 of 24
LilyWallace
Valued Member

@enharu wrote:

For Cashback, check out Discover IT, Chase Freedom, US Bank Cash+, Citi Dividend, American Express Blue Cash Everyday / Preferred.

As for Low APR, check out credit unions, Wells Fargo, Citi Simplicity, Chase Slate. 

That's all I can think of right now. Hope this helps!

Yes that does help. I have just been chicken to apply for any of the big dogs. I also have been waiting it out because I don't wanna rack up INQ. I did receive a pre app offer from FNBO a while back. No limit in the offer, but it was for a Plat card with 0% APR until Nov 2013. 

Message 9 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

you can test the waters by filling in your info for pre-approval tool on their websites. if you are pre-approved, at least you know your chances aren't that bleak. even if you're not pre-approved, that doesn't mean you won't be approved. i wasn't pre-approved for Chase CSP and Discover but I got approved when i applied.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.