Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO up, need app advice

tag
LilyWallace
Valued Member

Re: FICO up, need app advice

Does the amount matter, other than keeping my util  below 10%? Meaning if I charge a small amount is that going to help my score and/or future apps or just be overlooked? I purposely didn't use them right away so I didn't look desperate. Smiley Tongue

Message 21 of 24
LilyWallace
Valued Member

@soILseminole wrote:
i agree with MovingForward,

maybe there is a Barclays card that fits your needs??? they are known to be TU pullers

Yes they do, but I'm not really being too picky about rewards or other perks right now. If there is a card with decent perks then that would just be a bonus. Once I get my CRAs in line then I will worry about that. I'm not going to rack up a lot of charges, I just want a card I can use maybe once or twice a month and keep my util reasonable to keep raising my scores. I also have been reading a lot about Barclay's just closing accts, some say because of too many apps, others have various reasons. If I was app and just did as I stated above, I don't see any reason why I should have a problem with them. I've gotten pre apps from Merrick and Credit One, but I figure why pay them the fees when I could use that money to pay off the baddies and get a better card than either of those two? I also got a pre app from FNBO, but haven't done anything with it yet. 

Message 22 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I mean you do not want to do anything that might affect the SOL (reaging if your derogatory ) I would suggest the rebuilding forum for specifics. Do you have a Discover card? Not sure what you meant by 'one of my loans is through Discover'

Inq's do lower your score, the amount varies based on ones credit profile - the score will rebound over time. However, multiple inqs may make a person look desperate or credit - affecting your ability or approval.

Most prime lenders will approve with some baddies ( ESP if they are old 3-5 yrs at least) but multiple baddies ie open COs/CAs and high inq's are all a recipe for disaster.
Message 23 of 24
LilyWallace
Valued Member

@09Lexie wrote:
I mean you do not want to do anything that might affect the SOL (reaging if your derogatory ) I would suggest the rebuilding forum for specifics. Do you have a Discover card? Not sure what you meant by 'one of my loans is through Discover'

Inq's do lower your score, the amount varies based on ones credit profile - the score will rebound over time. However, multiple inqs may make a person look desperate or credit - affecting your ability or approval.

Most prime lenders will approve with some baddies ( ESP if they are old 3-5 yrs at least) but multiple baddies ie open COs/CAs and high inq's are all a recipe for disaster.

I have a student loan through Discover, but am no longer a student or I would have app for the student IT. I considered app for a Paypal MC, since I already have 2 with GECRB, maybe my chances would be better trying for a card with them instead of somewhere like Discover right now. Chase I will definitely hold off on for a year or so. 

My CO/CAs are all over 5 years old with the exception of 2 CAs which are 3 years old. Life happened for a few years, so I'm just now rebounding and don't want to overdo it with credit. That is why I'm trying to decide which card is best to app for next to avoid hammering my CRAs with INQ and looking like an invaluable, risky customer. 

Thank you for being so helpful, I appreciate any input! 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.