Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO CLD ****Master Thread****

tag
crystal626
Regular Contributor

Re: Huge CLI Reduction, FNBO Evergreen

Very strange that they are doing all this while still sending offers in the mail. I have never gotten an offer from FNBO before and there is one in the mailbox right now (it was too cold to go out to the mailbox tonight so I'll do it tomorrow or this weekend but the post office sent me a picture and it says Evergreen on the mailer and has a little image that says "A special offer is coming in your mailbox!" under the image of the envelope) so it just seems weird that they're slashing everyone while still trying to get customers they haven't done business with before (none of us in this house have ever had any business with FNBO even though they're a local bank here).

Message 281 of 315
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

They literally are crazy. I was looking at my statement yesterday and realized that my interest rate for purchases is 0.0%.  Card is only 11 months old so there must be an introductory rate at work presently. 

I was also told by a CSR back in September that I'd be eligible for my next increase this month.  When I click on "Credit Line Increase" it tells me I have no eligible accounts. So they're not even letting me ask at this point... No rhyme or reason with these guys.

You have to call for CLIs, not sure why the web portal link is even there but I suspect that the web people put it in for future use and nobody ever bothered to make it work.

3/3/24
Message 282 of 315
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@Lou-natic thank you very much my friend for that heads up.  I WILL be giving them a call to claim my $25k limit.  I didn't realize that until you told me just now.  Not tryna poke any bears but they gotta give me my $25k!  🤣

Message 283 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lou-natic wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

They literally are crazy. I was looking at my statement yesterday and realized that my interest rate for purchases is 0.0%.  Card is only 11 months old so there must be an introductory rate at work presently. 

I was also told by a CSR back in September that I'd be eligible for my next increase this month.  When I click on "Credit Line Increase" it tells me I have no eligible accounts. So they're not even letting me ask at this point... No rhyme or reason with these guys.

You have to call for CLIs, not sure why the web portal link is even there but I suspect that the web people put it in for future use and nobody ever bothered to make it work.

In the past the credit limit increase that is on your landing page automatically did a hard inquiry. Many of us shared that by calling in the live customer service rep could tell you results from a soft pull or let you know that a hard pull was needed ...! It has been a long time since there has been any feed back on the options I just mentioned. I always called in and hoped for the Yankton SD Call center for better results ... suspect the truth it was in my head and not real?

Message 284 of 315
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Lou-natic wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

You don't "have " to call. But as you and others stated you can get a CLI with a SP. there is a CLI right on the portal always has been but results in a HP.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 285 of 315
Kuramah

Just got CLD' from 18k to 17.4k. Not sure what's the reason. Waiting for the mail but I'm sure it's similar to others. 

Am not sure why they're doing this to people who's actually using the card like myself. 

No late payments, no derog, nothing 

Message 286 of 315
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Kuramah wrote:

Just got CLD' from 18k to 17.4k. Not sure what's the reason. Waiting for the mail but I'm sure it's similar to others. 

Am not sure why they're doing this to people who's actually using the card like myself. 

No late payments, no derog, nothing 

Did you request a CLI in the past 6-12 months?  What is your current balance on it?

Message 287 of 315
805orbust
Valued Contributor

What is even the logic?  A $600 decrease from $18k?

Message 288 of 315
mgood
Valued Contributor

@Kuramah wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

What is even the logic?  A $600 decrease from $18k?

Yeah, sure, we trust you with $17,400, no problem. But $18,000? Gee, I don't know about that.

There is not logic there. They just hate credit limits with nice round thousands. Had to give a limit with an odd weird number.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 771, TU8 766, EX8 775 as of March 28
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE5 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 2/6, 4/12, 6/24
Message 289 of 315
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Lou-natic wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

Oh it works and its a HP, always call and ask if there is a SP CLI waiting for you. 5K at a time is the max.

Message 290 of 315
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.