cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback: What do you think about the new USAA web site design? (USAA Members only)

tag
Gray
Regular Contributor

Feedback: What do you think about the new USAA web site design? (USAA Members only)

I personally hate it.  It's much more cumbersome to do basic things like get a balance, jump between accounts, get account activity, transfer funds, and pay bills.

I thought the menu bar they had previously was perfect.  Now, they've infused major real estate on their page with topics such as:

Our Products (marketing--one tabe with this is fine)

Your Life Events (more marketing, excessive...)

About USAA  (for the Kool-Aid drinkers, ridiculous...)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Feedback: What do you think about the new USAA web site design? (USAA Members only)

not my favorite but i didn't really care for the previous design either.

Message 2 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Feedback: What do you think about the new USAA web site design? (USAA Members only)

I could handle it if the first tab, i.e. the one farthest to the left, was the Accounts tab.

I'm peevish about having to find it in the middle of all that junk.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, they have COMPLETELY goobered up the Deposit at Home feature for Macs...  Smiley Mad

*crawls under desk to plug the printer line into the typical inaccessible Wintel USB ports*

*bumps head and says really bad word*

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gray wrote:

I personally hate it.  It's much more cumbersome to do basic things like get a balance, jump between accounts, get account activity, transfer funds, and pay bills.

I thought the menu bar they had previously was perfect.  Now, they've infused major real estate on their page with topics such as:

Our Products (marketing--one tabe with this is fine)

Your Life Events (more marketing, excessive...)

About USAA  (for the Kool-Aid drinkers, ridiculous...)

Looking at the pre-login home page I think it's not bad.  Being, for lack of a better word, a virtual bank, an investment company and an insurance company -- with a restrictive field of membership to boot -- they do have to market more than your average neighborhood bank.  Your local bank just sticks up a sign, puts an ad in the Yellow Pages and waits for people to walk buy and notice them.  I don't think USAA has that luxury.

Once logged on there are definite changes to site navigation that take getting used to, but it seems logically layed out and easy to navigate. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know... the new design doesn't bother me. The first thing that I noticed was that I have to put my pin # in, right away after logging in, vs. waiting until I clicked on one of my accounts. But, I quickly & easily found everything that I was looking for, so I'd say that it's logically designed. I didn't have to go 'hunting' for anything. I do wish they'd decrease the size of the main menu bar a bit, but that's just my personal preference for aesthetics. But, other than that... seems fine.

I will say that USAA seems to make fairly frequent design updates compared to other banks and credit unions. I want to send them a note begging them to offer some website and online banking consulting services to NFCU, LOL!!!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know... the new design doesn't bother me. The first thing that I noticed was that I have to put my pin # in, right away after logging in, vs. waiting until I clicked on one of my accounts. But, I quickly & easily found everything that I was looking for, so I'd say that it's logically designed. I didn't have to go 'hunting' for anything. I do wish they'd decrease the size of the main menu bar a bit, but that's just my personal preference for aesthetics. But, other than that... seems fine.

I will say that USAA seems to make fairly frequent design updates compared to other banks and credit unions. I want to send them a note begging them to offer some website and online banking consulting services to NFCU, LOL!!!

i wish someone would help Navy Federal.  I don't mind their bare bones online banking so much as the fact that they have no Deposit@Home version.  Heck, even PenFed -- the poster child for Stone Age online banking -- has a remote capture system that allows you to scan your checks instead of mailing them in.

Message 7 of 10
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I could handle it if the first tab, i.e. the one farthest to the left, was the Accounts tab.

I'm peevish about having to find it in the middle of all that junk.

It took some getting used to, but after I tweeked it a bit (grouped my non-USAA accounts and investments) i love it. I dont know why the accounts tab is in the middle of everything else, it should definately be the first one on the left. But when I put my cursor over the accounts tab, I like the drop down screen that shows all of my accounts with out having to scroll down on the screen. I wish the iphone app wasn't so glitchy though Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

What's odd is that starting today, I've noticed that once I enter my PIN, it goes straight to the Accounts tab, so no more hunting.

And LilMirth (was it you?) I started having to enter my PIN immediately after log-in many months ago. Maybe because I log in from different computers at times? It used to kinda bother me that my accounts with balances listed would display before I entered my PIN.

Anyway, this crotchety member is getting used to the change, I guess. Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd much rather have a permanent sidebar navigation instead of having to click through the mouseover tabs up top, but then again, the old layout didn't have that either.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.