cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally! CLI from cap1! Final desperate attempt worked!

tag
firesoul453
Contributor

Finally! CLI from cap1! Final desperate attempt worked!

I've been trying to get a CLI for my Journey card for quite a while now, and within the past month I've went all out, asking different about every other day. I was so ready to just give up!
I've tried it all! Automated phone, calling, calling again with different representative, online message, online chat, several backdoor number, and even the corporate number found in other topics.
Still no success!
I really wanted to keep this card since its unlimted 1.25% cash back  (and, unlike my amex, credit is quickly available), and because this is my oldest card (and this card would be the easest way to get a really old card).

So finally in one last desperate attempt, I sent an email to what I figured would be an address that would be read by someone (No I won't give it out, too easy to abuse, but if you desperate its easy to figure out)
A day later I get a call from that corporate number! Same person I asking when I called (according to her). She left me a voicemail and told to call back.
One callback, like 3 questions later, A soft pull ,and a day wait, CLI from $750 to $2500.

When she asked me what CL I wanted to ask for I was kinda caught off guard, but $2500 is my median credit limit, and I guess it wasn't too much to ask for!

Finally! I guess cap1 isn't so bad after all!

I guess don't give up on a CLI if your way overdue!

If it wasn't for all the sucess stories, I probably would have given up a long time ago. Now I can keep with my %10 utilization I been trying to stick to.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally! CLI from cap1! Final desperate attempt worked!

THATS AWESOME CONGRATS!

I'm still mad CAP1 didn't give me the CL I requested. Whats your highest...3k...whats your lowest? 2k...she comes back with 1,500 on $750. WTH. LOL But I guess I shouldn't be complaining.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 18
firesoul453
Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

THATS AWESOME CONGRATS!

I'm still mad CAP1 didn't give me the CL I requested. Whats your highest...3k...whats your lowest? 2k...she comes back with 1,500 on $750. WTH. LOL But I guess I shouldn't be complaining.

Dang, the minimum I asked for was $1500, I figured doubling it was good enough. Got lucky I guess lol.

My ultimate credit wish,
Message 3 of 18
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

I have hit them up twice in the last 4 months and each time: "you are not eligible"

Message 4 of 18
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 5 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!

Good to hear the CLI's

Message 6 of 18
firesoul453
Contributor

@obageegee wrote:

I have hit them up twice in the last 4 months and each time: "you are not eligible"

How are you asking? Seems the automated system (even when you call and have a rep do it) is an automated no for virtually everyone.

My ultimate credit wish,
Message 7 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

But I have to ask, why even bring up the email if your not willing to PM people that need it? I'm sure you would want it on the flip side.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 18
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Wife got a CAP1 Platinum MC with $19AF

Starting CL 600

After 1 year 1500 CL

Will be 2 year on 11/12

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd love this phone number as well. I have two Capital One cards, one stuck at 750, the other at 1250. Credit has improved dramatically over the past couple of years, and both cards are now over 2 years old. :-)

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.