Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank Amex

tag
My_Fako
Established Contributor

First National Bank Amex

Anyone ever receive a pre approval in the mail from them? 

Is thier Amex bad like credit one?

didn't really have time to read the letter all I know is there is a $19 yearly fee

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: First National Bank Amex

It's not a "bad" card or lender, but it's really nothing special, unless they have revamped it. Last I heard it was just a 1% cash back card.

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@My_Fako wrote:

Anyone ever receive a pre approval in the mail from them? 

Is thier Amex bad like credit one?

didn't really have time to read the letter all I know is there is a $19 yearly fee

I have gotten a few "special invitation" mailers, which I know is nothing special and just attempted marketing.

Message 3 of 31
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Anyone know if they give out decent limits?

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 4 of 31
jbsea
Established Contributor

They are a good bank (I take it that you are talking about FNOB).  My DW just got a invitation from them also for the same card.  They did change it to 1.5%  Mine is 1% so I have not touched it in awhile.  They do, do a manual check on your credit.  They are US based customer service.  Just do a search on here of FNBO.  They are good.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 5 of 31
galahad15
Valued Contributor

One good thing about FNBO is that if you have credit cards with them, they have the option every 6 months of SP CLIs.  I have 3 of their cards, including the FNBO Amex, and am quite happy, with them  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 31
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Other than Chase (pre 5/24), FNBO is actually the only issuer who has 'courted' me through the mail in over a decade.  The mailing I got was not pre-approved (it had an APR range) but it was similar to what you describe.  The card it was for was their Amex, and I believe the rewards were 1% cash back.  I'm sorry that I don't recall if there was an AF or not (it's been a couple of months).

As strange as it might sound to be happy about getting 'junk' mail, it actually felt good to be 'wanted' again!   Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 31
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

One good thing about FNBO is that if you have credit cards with them, they have the option every 6 months of SP CLIs.  I have 3 of their cards, including the FNBO Amex, and am quite happy, with them  Smiley Happy

How did you go about getting your SP on the FNBO Amex Galahad? Mine is just hitting that 6 months mark. I noticed in the online account there's a CLI button. It states I have no accounts eligible for a CLI.

Message 8 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

How did you go about getting your SP on the FNBO Amex Galahad? Mine is just hitting that 6 months mark. I noticed in the online account there's a CLI button. It states I have no accounts eligible for a CLI.

You call them around/after your account has hit 6 months and have them check for any available (SP) CLI offers.  You'll be asked a couple questions and the system will see if the account is eligible.  If you are attempting to avoid HPs, do not submit the request online. 

Message 9 of 31
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

You call them around/after your account has hit 6 months and have them check for any available (SP) CLI offers.  You'll be asked a couple questions and the system will see if the account is eligible.  If you are attempting to avoid HPs, do not submit the request online. 

OK great! Thanks for the info Finstar. Yes...I'm trying to avoid another HP on my EX. I'll sit tight and call them after my statement closes later this month.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.