Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier

I hate i evan applied for this card i hate paying this 7 dollar fee every month.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier

WOW 7 bucks each month for what? is that just a service fee? or just free money for them?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

cartercorp wrote:
WOW 7 bucks each month for what? is that just a service fee? or just free money for them?

Free money for them if u ask me.
Message 3 of 11
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

just closed mine.  i could NOT get a cc from ANYONE when i opened mine.  hated paying the fees (though they lowered them for me @ activation, so not quite as atrocious), but it did its job and led to better ccs.
Message 4 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

I'm not happy about the fees, but I'm happy about having a positive tradeline on my credit report. So I'll continue paying the $7 until March, when the account will be 2 years old. Then it's bye-bye, First Premier! Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed my First premier after like 6 mon when I got my Cap1, I hated the fees and the fact that I couldn't pay my bill online. Well I could have but I had to pay a fee to open an online account. Smiley Mad and the APR was high so um good riddens first premier
Message 6 of 11
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Yes, the fees are high, but FP has a nice market niche they have carved out. There are many folks who, for whatever reason, have difficulty obtaining a positive TL. That is where FP (and others) step in. They serve a useful purpose, and for some are a lifesaver.

When you get back on your feet and your FP helps you to get better cards, then you cut them off.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 7 of 11
jaybird201
Established Contributor

I never understood why people don't just get secured credit cards like when they first got credit. Just didn't make any sense to me!
Message 8 of 11
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

jaybird201 wrote:
I never understood why people don't just get secured credit cards like when they first got credit. Just didn't make any sense to me!

Unfortunately some people get turned down for secured cards. Sometimes FP and the like are the only way to start rebuilding. They are the only options for some people.
Message 9 of 11
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

I chose fp b/c literally no one else would give me a cc- and rightfully so based on my past history.  Some banks will deny you for public records- EVEN for secured ccs- ex., wells fargo, bank of America, possibly Citibank, penfed, etc.  to this day, there are certain ccs that i CANNOT get simply b/c of a public record (tax lien), even though it's in dispute and even though it's from 2003.

after racking up a # of inquiries which only led to denials, I went w/first premier b/c to rebuild I HAD to get A cc.  it did its job and led to other ccs- orchard (to be closed early 09), cap 1 (now up to 1.1k cl), ba 99/500 (can’t wait for it to unsecure), target red, and hooters.  Ficos went from ridiculously low (as in, I doubt they were even in the 400s and if they were, it was a miracle) in early 07 to nearly 700.  so yes, fp fees sucked, but it did its job.

Btw, you CAN pay your bill online w/o paying a fee- simply do it through your bank billpay and NO fee is charged.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.