Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier

I've been with with first premier for over 2 years no lates and havent gone over the CL but they will not get me a CLI! Whay?
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier

Do you make more than the min payment with them? They are big on more than min payments for a CLI.

My year with them is about to come to a close - and they offered me a second card (with all the fees) but not a CLI on my present card.

Funeral for them is Oct 23.... was thinking of shredding the card but have decided to keep for posterity (and as a reminder to use credt)

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 10-20-2007 11:10 AM
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed that a lot of people have specific dates for closing a subprime credit card.  What is the reason for setting a specific date

I assume that the dates folks set are anniversary dates.  Is it just to avoid the next yearly fee or is there some other reason?

Van

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, my statement just cut with them yesterday - already sent the payment via billpay and will close it as soon as it posts... the fees hit again in November but they report immediately as soon as they send the card (remember it comes activated and with the fees already charged) - so I just said 12 months reporting and it's gone - not wanting to hget even close to the date that the fees will hit.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 10-20-2007 11:17 AM
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vanyel wrote:

I've noticed that a lot of people have specific dates for closing a subprime credit card.  What is the reason for setting a specific date

I assume that the dates folks set are anniversary dates.  Is it just to avoid the next yearly fee or is there some other reason?

Van

Becuz- 4 ex - my one card that has an AF is due to charge the AF again  ( one yr anniversary) in Feb- and I will close the card in Jan UNLESS they give me another CLI and waive the ENTIRE AF- or remove it altogther. I have tried to close the card three times- I apped for it before reading fine print- and was livid when I saw it had AF. I wouldn't activate it- they kept calling the house saying they report to all three CB simlutaneously- (they do and that is nice) but wouldnt activate I told them to get rid of fee- I thought they did but they only took off half- 35 I think it was- next statement when I got bill it still had 35- called up and tried to close card agin, they took off other 35- about two mos ago hadn't got any CLI w/ them, called and they didn't give it, called again and tried to close it they gave me automatic 500 bringing it to 1000 w/o a pull.

So that is why people have specific dates for closing cards. Hope it answered your questions.

Message Edited by netpanther on 10-20-2007 12:27 PM
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes sense to me, I just wasn't sure if there was something I didn't know I didn't know.

Van

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

nope no secrets- the above is the reason why. and u have to be tough- cuz they will promise you in the beginning when you app/accept/activate that the next year you may not even be charged the fee cuz as a rebuilder you will have better credit by then-

but some have had it happen and some were just jerked around. that is why we have specific dates and  if they don't meet what our goals are we will close them- but if they do what they promised, i.e. convert my card to one w/ no ann fee and a higher cred limit and yet keep the history then I will keep them.

I would say it is about 50/50 that they convert, and of course, if by your own blunders you didnt' bring up your credit scores then it is a diff. situation altogether.
Message 7 of 23
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

And you probably have already read this, but pretty much the ONLY credit cards that you ever want to close are those with fees. If they don't have fees but they're otherwise crappy, just throw them in the sock drawer and use them to buy a Slurpee twice a year to keep the account alive.

I keep looking at a closed gas card that still reports that was opened in 1987. We closed it because their service stations weren't very convenient. If only I had know then what I know now! I will miss that history when it falls off in a few more years...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
And you probably have already read this, but pretty much the ONLY credit cards that you ever want to close are those with fees. If they don't have fees but they're otherwise crappy, just throw them in the sock drawer and use them to buy a Slurpee twice a year to keep the account alive.

I keep looking at a closed gas card that still reports that was opened in 1987. We closed it because their service stations weren't very convenient. If only I had know then what I know now! I will miss that history when it falls off in a few more years...

Yes, thnx. 4 bringing that point up.
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i did not know first premmier gave out that much of credit line dh has been stuck at 400 dollars for over a year. no increases and dh doe pay more than the  min
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.