Did you mean: 

First Timer - Capital One Venture One

tag
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: First Timer - Capital One Venture One

@Anonymous wrote:

No I meant monthly because I would put my expenses on it food everything

Then if you spend 10k monthly, you will be getting 150k "miles" yearly. Good towards a $1,500 dollar planet ticket. --Venture One

240k miles. Good towards a $2,400 planet ticket -- Venture Rewards

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes when the billing cycle is due: Food, gas, electric, water, cable, phone, insurances

Message 22 of 34
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

You really need to know how much you are going to put on the card annually, that's how to figure out which is best.  If you're really going to be putting through $120,000/yr then the Barclay arrival is the best choice.  If under $50,000 or so then Fidelity Amex. The only reason the Venture should be considered is for the sign up bonus. 

Message 23 of 34
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes when the billing cycle is due: Food, gas, electric, water, cable, phone, insurances

Well, arnold above gave a breakdown between the two cards. At ten grand a month you would more than pay for the AF with the Venture card.

Just out of curiousity... I feel like there is a misunderstanding somewhere. Are you saying that those expenses above, food / gas / etc, cost you ten thousand dollars every single month? One hundred twenty thousand a year?

Message 24 of 34
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, arnold above gave a breakdown between the two cards. At ten grand a month you would more than pay for the AF with the Venture card.

Just out of curiousity... I feel like there is a misunderstanding somewhere. Are you saying that those expenses above, food / gas / etc, cost you ten thousand dollars every single month? One hundred twenty thousand a year?

He definitely could justify the annual fee. 

OP, I think that you should look elsewhere. These are just cash back cards. You can easily acquire more cash back with other cards that do not have annual fees if you strategies well. If you want a travel card, look at Citi AA, CSP, or Amex SPG. You can get a lot more bang for your buck. 

Message 25 of 34
physicist82
Regular Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When I read his first post I thought he just wanted a 10k limit min. 

If 10k per month really is how much he spends on those things I definitely want to know what City/State that is so I can avoid that area like the plague. I couldn't imagine spending that much on those things. Yikes!

Message 26 of 34
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@physicist82 wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When I read his first post I thought he just wanted a 10k limit min. 

If 10k per month really is how much he spends on those things I definitely want to know what City/State that is so I can avoid that area like the plague. I couldn't imagine spending that much on those things. Yikes!

That's what my question has been. I thought the OP wanted a limit of 10k, and just want to make sure that we are on the same page to accurately give advice.

Message 27 of 34
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

why do you think the miles aren't real miles? I thought with Venture and Venture One you could choose to book a flight through travelocity using miles earned, use the purchase eraser feature, or get cash back. Its my understanding that they also run specials on gift cards where you are able to redeem a greater value for less points. IMO these features plus the no annual fee make this an attractive card.

Message 28 of 34
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditDrama85 wrote:

why do you think the miles aren't real miles? I thought with Venture and Venture One you could choose to book a flight through travelocity using miles earned, use the purchase eraser feature, or get cash back. Its my understanding that they also run specials on gift cards where you are able to redeem a greater value for less points. IMO these features plus the no annual fee make this an attractive card.

I think that the poster meant in comparison to frequent flyer miles. Cap One miles have a value of 1 cent each, and are used for a statement credit for travel purchase. So, you buy a $500 plane ticket on your card, and then redeem 50k miles to remove the charge from your statement. So, they have a fixed value. Frequent flyer miles rewards give you a fixed amount of miles you need to get free airfare. So, it may cost 60k miles to fly round trip to Europe, regardless of what the actual ticket costs.

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

i know what you mean, im not saying 10k every time but enough i think I want the barclay now

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.