Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First problems with Cap1

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

First problems with Cap1

I've had one Cap1 card since Sept of '11 and the other one was recently convertible from Orchard in the last few months. Overall they have been pretty good to deal with but I ran into a few issues today.  I received e-mails saying that my new statements were available.  I thought that was strange because I changed the due dates and statement dates recently. Both cards had a zero balance when I did that. One care was changed to have a due date of the 19th starting this month with a closing date of the 22nd.  The other card was changed to have a due date of the 3rd. and closind date of the 7th.  As I was told, this statement would have went long and closed on Nov 7th. I was surprized to get e-mails this evening that said my new statements were ready.  Both cards cloesd today (huh?). 

Long story short, I called about both of them and didn't really get anywhere. The rep said that the new closing dates usualy happen in 1-2 billing cycles after they are requested. I told her that the rep that I spoke with told me that I couldn't have a short statement (less than 30 days) so after I changed them, it would start with my current statement because I had a zero balance. That statement would be about 7 weeks. And that person looked into it before telling me that.  The rep tonight said she didn't know why I was told that. So, I got nowhere. 

As for the other card, the closing date of yesterday (10th) was't even close to the date that I had chosen (22nd). I keep detailed notes for my accounts so I know what I picked and what was confirmed when it happened. Nothing really came out of this expect for her changing my date to what I had requested.  Of course it will happen in 1-2 billing cycles. I think it's a big coincidence that both cards closed on the same date this month. 

Then there is the membership fees.  This could be my fault, maybe I forgot that my rewards card has a $39. yearly fee. I didn't think that I forgot that my old Orchard card had a $59. yearly fee. I don't even get rewards for that card. I asked if there was anything they could do about those fees and was told no, due to the economy, they no longer wavie those. 

The cards have served me well and have grown over the last few years. I think it will be time to work on replacing these with "big boy cards" before they renew next year. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: First problems with Cap1

@masscredit wrote:

I've had one Cap1 card since Sept of '11 and the other one was recently convertible from Orchard in the last few months. Overall they have been pretty good to deal with but I ran into a few issues today.  I received e-mails saying that my new statements were available.  I thought that was strange because I changed the due dates and statement dates recently. Both cards had a zero balance when I did that. One care was changed to have a due date of the 19th starting this month with a closing date of the 22nd.  The other card was changed to have a due date of the 3rd. and closind date of the 7th.  As I was told, this statement would have went long and closed on Nov 7th. I was surprized to get e-mails this evening that said my new statements were ready.  Both cards cloesd today (huh?). 

Long story short, I called about both of them and didn't really get anywhere. The rep said that the new closing dates usualy happen in 1-2 billing cycles after they are requested. I told her that the rep that I spoke with told me that I couldn't have a short statement (less than 30 days) so after I changed them, it would start with my current statement because I had a zero balance. That statement would be about 7 weeks. And that person looked into it before telling me that.  The rep tonight said she didn't know why I was told that. So, I got nowhere. 

As for the other card, the closing date of yesterday (10th) was't even close to the date that I had chosen (22nd). I keep detailed notes for my accounts so I know what I picked and what was confirmed when it happened. Nothing really came out of this expect for her changing my date to what I had requested.  Of course it will happen in 1-2 billing cycles. I think it's a big coincidence that both cards closed on the same date this month. 

Then there is the membership fees.  This could be my fault, maybe I forgot that my rewards card has a $39. yearly fee. I didn't think that I forgot that my old Orchard card had a $59. yearly fee. I don't even get rewards for that card. I asked if there was anything they could do about those fees and was told no, due to the economy, they no longer wavie those. 

The cards have served me well and have grown over the last few years. I think it will be time to work on replacing these with "big boy cards" before they renew next year. 

That was the correct answer 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried Twitter/Facebook Cap 1 EO? The reason why I ask is they can remove your AFs and add 1.5 cash back or PC to Quicksilver plus put in a CLI request.
Message 3 of 5
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I might try that on Monday.  The card that was Orchard recently received a CLI from $950. to $2500. That has a 14.9% rate, no rewards and a $59. yearly membership fee. The other received a CLI from $1500. to $2500. 4 months ago. 19.9% rate and 1-1.5% rewards.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

sent youy private email with capital one email.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.