cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time FICO score check, BOA product change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First time FICO score check, BOA product change?

I just checked my FICO scores for the first time ever:

FICO Scores: TU=755  EQ=774  EX=775

Main negative reason was lack of credit history (7 years longest, 4 year average)

My question is can I switch from a regular Mastercard (not platinum or rewards or any bells and whistles) from BOA to a WorldPoints Mastercard for BOA? And, if I do a product switch does that just change the account number but it doesn't show as a new card or new inquiry or affect my score negatively, and I keep the same length and history? Thanks everyone.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: First time FICO score check, BOA product change?

Well, first of all, welcome, and serious congratulations on the nice scores!

I have read that you can do a "product change" with BofA and keep the history. I would definitely confirm that on the phone and get the name and employee number of the person who tells you that. Smiley Wink

Your negative comment comes mainly from the fact that there's nothing else negative on your reports. In terms of comparing you to the big boys, typical length of history is 19 years and average is 6 - 12 years. Keep everything clean, and you'll be over 800 in a few more years.

Here's a list of the characteristics of those with scores over 780:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=12673
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the kind words and advice. I think these forums are great!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will keep the original opening date on a product change, only difference will be the cc number and your new card.  You will use your card you have until the new one arrives.  We have done several product changes with our two BoA CC accounts.  The world points is a great card I already have almost 5000 points since 1st of dec.  Good Luck .. Tks Vicki
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.