Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freaking out ,

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freaking out ,

Sounds like you should get your bank records rounded up for that timeframe and call the CC issued to go over it and straighten it out.

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like you should get your bank records rounded up for that timeframe and call the CC issued to go over it and straighten it out.

Yeah , no luck i guess i had to make a payment from 12-1-19 to 1-1-20 that other 11/21/19 payment i made was just an extra payment i made for that nov statement , and I thought that 11/21 payment would cover the 12/1 payment , man this sucks!!!!!!! I was so careful about having a 100% payment history , this bummed me out. 

Message 12 of 33
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah , no luck i guess i had to make a payment from 12-1-19 to 1-1-20 that other 11/21/19 payment i made was just an extra payment i made for that nov statement , and I thought that 11/21 payment would cover the 12/1 payment , man this sucks!!!!!!! I was so careful about having a 100% payment history , this bummed me out. 

Sorry OP,   .. As Mentioned up thread    .. Auto Pay for the minimum payment is a must on all accounts.

Message 13 of 33
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Beg, beg, beg and then beg they remove the late payment.

Explain your double payment.

Then beg.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This makes zero sense. 

When you made that payment on 11/21, your statement requiring payment on 12/01 would have already been generated and any payment would have been applied as the payment due on 12/01. Plenty of people pay their bills early...

There is more to the story. Was the payment not made?  Was you November payment not made?

Message 15 of 33
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Good on getting the late payment reversed. As long as it is not 30+ days nothing should report.

>
Goal Cards:
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So , this is the very first time since I started my credit/credit card journey in 2013 , that I pay a payment late , not because I didn’t want to BUT because I simply forgot , & got charged 25 dollar fee , it was on my very first credit card the Wells Fargo college credit card , I just realized right now I forgot to pay last month & just now I paid last month and this months payments , question is ... will this affect my credit score? Now , I’m really bothered because I wanted to keep my payment history as 100% Smiley Sad

A late is only reported if there is no payment 30 days past the due date. If you forgot to pay and paid right away  when you got your new statement, you're fine and will stay at 100%. I did the same thing last year around this time with one of mine.

Message 17 of 33
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Dang.  Really sorry, Jay.  I imagine you're feeling pretty crappy and defeated right now -- but, take a moment or two to gather your thoughts and feelings, and FIRST - confirm you were actually 30 days late (perhaps you're misreading your statement vs. due dates?).   

If you are, indeed, 30 days late, then you need to get into rebuild mode.   Locate every mailing address and contact you can find on Google, and start sending out those Goodwill letters.  Explain what happened -- just as you have above -- and request removal as an act of good faith based on your previous stellar payment history with them.   I'd also include copies of those statements that show the double payment in November to help explain your oversight for December (but take full responsibility for the oversight, of course).  I'd also set up your autopay now and mention doing so in your goodwill letter as a preventative measure so missing a payment won't happen again in the future.   

Best of luck to you.  

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ this, completely.
Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback thank you , I shall do that !! & to the other person asking if I paid my nov statement yes I did , I made 2 payments in November , one for the nov statement , the other one was a early payment for the 12/1 statement , which did post but it didn’t. Count , and according to the lady I talked to I had to make a payment during the statement month I guess 12/1-1/1
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.