Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom CLI question...

tag
BootStraps
Established Contributor

Freedom CLI question...

Hi folks.

I know that Chase pulled two bureaus when they initially approve a freedom card...

For those who have tried for CLI's on your Chase Card... Do they pull one bureau or two for the CLI?

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
BootStraps
Established Contributor

Re: Freedom CLI question...

Bump?

Anyone know the answer?

Message 2 of 12
BootStraps
Established Contributor

bump again...

Does anyone know if Chase pulls two cr bureaus for the CLI or do they pull just one?

Message 3 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I'll *BUMP again on your behalf FWIW

Have you not found any results at all from the forum's SEARCH on this concern?

Message 4 of 12
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@BootStraps wrote:

bump again...

Does anyone know if Chase pulls two cr bureaus for the CLI or do they pull just one?

I can't recall coming across any threads that indicated Chase did two pulls for a CLI.

However, YMMV

Message 5 of 12
BootStraps
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I'll *BUMP again on your behalf FWIW

Have you not found any results at all from the forum's SEARCH on this concern?

My searches have been unclear. It looks like it's probably one, but then I've seen people discussing chase pulling one or two for the initial application.

In my case they pulled two CR's on app earlier this year. I was wondering if I would face the same on a CLI, but it looks like I'll just have to hope not when the time comes.

Thanks anyway.

Message 6 of 12
BootStraps
Established Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@BootStraps wrote:

bump again...

I can't recall coming across any threads that indicated Chase did two pulls for a CLI.

However, YMMV

Thanks

Message 7 of 12
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I *believe* crediters(other than Cap 1) pull more than one bureau when you're borderline. They're not sure about lending you credit due to limited history or other negatives. Chase pulled two bureaus for both my Chase Amazon and Slate approval and almost eight months later, they pulled two again for a requested CLI. By then, I had opened multiple cards and had 3s card that either had over 50% utilzation or maxed out. On top of having a short credit history, so you can see why they'd be reluctant and needed to pull two.

Message 8 of 12
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

I *believe* crediters(other than Cap 1) pull more than one bureau when you're borderline. They're not sure about lending you credit due to limited history or other negatives. Chase pulled two bureaus for both my Chase Amazon and Slate approval and almost eight months later, they pulled two again for a requested CLI. By then, I had opened multiple cards and had 3s card that either had over 50% utilzation or maxed out. On top of having a short credit history, so you can see why they'd be reluctant and needed to pull two.

Chase Does it only if your Borderline approval .... For CLI I don't think any cards or if so not many do more then 1 HP for a CLI. I know thta Chase and Discover does hard pulls though with Discover it is possible for a SP. Also Amex and Capital one ( At least online through their website) is a SP 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 9 of 12
BootStraps
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone. This definitely gives me a better picture.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.