Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE CLD

tag
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

GE CLD

Pulled my Transunion report today. I saw that GE decreased my P.C. Richard and Son limit by five hundred dollars. I don't think there is anything bad on my credit report that would cause them to do that.

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GE CLD

If you have not used the card a lot; this would certainly cause a CLD... also if your balances on other cards are higher than usual; this would maybe cause a CLD
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@HiHiHiHiHiHi wrote:

Pulled my Transunion report today. I saw that GE decreased my P.C. Richard and Son limit by five hundred dollars. I don't think there is anything bad on my credit report that would cause them to do that.

What was limit?

What is balance?

When is last time you used it?

Is this furniture, hardware or something?

When you open up a Macy's Club Account they reduce the limit on that as you pay (at least use to) because they give new lines each time you want to buy furniture or jewelry... not like you are going shopping daily for a couch.

Message 3 of 12
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@HiHiHiHiHiHi wrote:

What was limit?

What is balance?

When you open up a Macy's Club Account they reduce the limit on that as you pay (at least use to) because they give new lines each time you want to buy furniture or jewelry... not like you are going shopping daily for a couch.

Limit: 5,000 Before - 4,500 After

Balance: $0

I think either two years ago when I bought a TV or four years ago when I bought a stove. P.C. Richard is a electronics and appliance store. Most of their stores is in NYC and Long Island.

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 4 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@HiHiHiHiHiHi wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@HiHiHiHiHiHi wrote:

What was limit?

What is balance?

Limit: 5,000 Before - 4,500 After

Balance: $0

I think either two years ago when I bought a TV or four years ago when I bought a stove. P.C. Richard is a electronics and appliance store. Most of their stores is in NYC and Long Island.

Sounds like inactivity got you the CLD.

If you don't need it, for both purchasing or for util. I wouldn't worry about it.

Otherwise do they have Snickers at check out! Smiley Happy

I got a letter for my Home Depot Business Card one time saying I had 45 days to come use it or they would close it and they sent me 10% off to, I ran over to the store and bought a 6 pack of Bounty (The kicker... When the bill came it also had a CLI from $5000 to $7500!) LOL

Message 5 of 12
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

I had two Home Depot cards and they closed them both due to inactivity. P.C. Richard doesn't have a checkout. They just have computers at random places and when you buy appliances they go to the computer and put the order in.

Message 6 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah.. Good rule of thumb ... Use every card you have at least every six months or so... So you can keep util low and get higher limits. I bought a $2.70 Monster with my Banana Republic Visa the other day; it has a $7,000 limit LOL!! I haven't really heard of GE doing many clds other than for inactivity since The Great Recession.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 12
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Yeah.. Good rule of thumb ... Use every card you have at least every six months or so... So you can keep util low and get higher limits. I bought a $2.70 Monster with my Banana Republic Visa the other day; it has a $7,000 limit LOL!! I haven't really heard of GE doing many clds other than for inactivity since The Great Recession.

It is a store card and it is really only worth using if you buy something expensive so you can take advantage of the financing offers.

Message 8 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Is there anything small you could buy w it, just to keep it active? Im about to run into this prob with my $5250 limit Smile Generation Financial card :-/
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 12
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

No, I usually don't shop there. I buy my electronics from Best Buy because of their rewards program.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.