Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB Card Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB Card Question

Good Morning and Happy New Year to All,

I was recently denied by Loews (GEMB).  Is it likely that I will be turned down if I apply for diffrent GEMB card.  Are the standards the same for all GEMB cards?

WBLAKE
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB Card Question

WBLAKE wrote:
Good Morning and Happy New Year to All,

I was recently denied by Loews (GEMB).  Is it likely that I will be turned down if I apply for diffrent GEMB card.  Are the standards the same for all GEMB cards?

WBLAKE

Seems that way for me WBLAKE..I so far have only been able to get Walmart and Sams from Gemb..Have applied for JC,OldNavy,Dilliards and nothing...However there are some on here that seem to get more Gemb...I get the 24 hrs message if I just look at Gemb applications....

Happy New Years to you as well......
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi WB, and Happy New Year to you too!

IMO, GEMb has different departments handling different creditors.

I have a J.C.Penny card that I just love! In a little over a year, I've gone from a $300 cl to $1,500 today.

On the other hand I have a QVC card that I've had for only 2 months with $500 cl on it.

I had a Sam's credit card with them several years ago...made the horrible mistake of paying at a Sam's store.....the accounting dept, lost my payment which caused GEMb to not only close my account but also charged me $16.00 late fee AFTER I pif'd them....

This in turn led to that measley $16.00 being charged off, and it went on my cr. It was a fatal baddie until I talked to the debt recovery dept. there and they completely deleted the charge off from all my cr's.

Moral to the story...NEVER pay your cc bill at a store, and allow PLEANTY of time for them to receive your payment.

As far as your applying for different cards with them...the results 'could be' the same, depending on your FICO scores. I know that's not much help but the best I can offer.
Message 3 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I have Lowes/Penney's/Dillards.  The CS for Lowes's isn't all that swift!!!!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have a BACKDOOR number for QVC's Q-Card?  My application went into a HOLD/PENDING status for verification.  I need to contact them for ID verification as usual I am sure.
Message 5 of 7
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

I was denied on all applications for GEMB for the same reasons uti to high, and a baddie.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 6 of 7
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

There is a glitch in GEMB's system re: verification and it is causing people to be declined for cards.  It happened to me re: Walmart... I had to call them.  Call 877-294-7880.  This is the number I called for Walmart, but you can use it for any GEMB application.  You want to speak to someone who pricesses applications.  When you call they will ask twice for your account number... after that you will be prompted to input your soc... when the system does not recognize your soc, you will get a rep.  Ask for someone in application processing... so you can do your application over the phone.  After 72 hours, they will not be able to retrieve your application, so I have been told.

Good Luck!
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.