Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Rewards Card (Marcus) & Apple Pay

tag
dbjohnson039
New Contributor

GM Rewards Card (Marcus) & Apple Pay

I was approved for the GM Rewards Card by Marcus last Saturday and have been trying to add a digital card to my Apple Pay to start using but every time I try, I get an error message that states "Could not add card - try again later or contact card issuer for more info."  I thought maybe it just might be because I haven't received and activated my physical card. Fast forward to this morning, and I receive an email that my card has (finally) been shipped but in the meantime I could add a digital card to Apple Pay. Great. So I try again...same error message.

So I call the number provided to get a rep at Marcus and now I'm more confused than ever. She didn't know how to answer my question but instead could only put in a "complaint" and send it up to be looked at. 🤔🤔🤔 I asked for turn around time and she responds "I'm not sure but probably a few days maybe?" 🤯. She then advises that I shouldn't add my virtual card number to Apple Pay. I confirmed that I was literally pressing "Add to Apple Pay" and the app was inputting all of the info and confirmed the last 4 of the card number that displayed. Essentially I knew I wasn't going to get much further (🤣) and just decided to bid her adieu, thank her for her "help", and end the call.

Has anyone had this error message pop up when trying to add to Apple Pay and if so - any pointers on how to successfully get it linked?

Ch 7 BK Filed: Apr 2015 | Completed: Aug 2015

FICO Score 8/9 as of 01/17/2022:

Current/Open Credit Lines:
NFCU Flagship Signature VISA $30,000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25,000 | NFCU Platinum VISA $25,000 | Macy’s Star Rewards AMEX $24,000 | Apple Card (Goldman Sachs MC) $5,750 | Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $13,200 | Discover IT 9,100 | Barclays View MC $13,500 | mLife Rewards MC $13,500 | Chase Amazon Visa $1,500
Synchrony Accounts: Amazon Store Card $10,000 | CareCredit $18,000 | PayPal Credit $10,000 | Discount Tire Card $5,000
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: GM Rewards Card (Marcus) & Apple Pay

@dbjohnson039 I'm literally going through the same thing/issue right now. Since I accepted my offer, I've been trying to add the card to Apple Pay yet no luck. About 2 hours ago I got the email the card was shipped, I tried again to link it - same issue. This leads me to believe this can only be done after the physical card is received and activated. If that isn't enough, try to activate the $100 statement credit and link the card to GM rewards, none of that works! Just like you, I called them and they literally gave me the same spill, I didn't even bother at that point. I'll try again after the card arrives.

Message 2 of 13
Vuby22
Contributor

This happened to me and they eventually fixed it. It has to do with their virtual card number that is issued when opening your account. Using Apple Pay assigns a virtual number on it's own and that is where I suspect the problem lies. I had to contact GS multiple times. Their CS is lacking and is obvious it is outsourced to remote contractors who only use a lookup knowledge base to answer any questions. However, they did assign it after a few contacts via some IT ticketing system and I received a response directly from that department. They asked for screenshots and some other info and resolved it about a week later. Works perfectly now but should have from the get-go. Best of luck on yours.

Message 3 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Adding a DP for the GM rewards card.

Upon Approval, I was able to add the "virtual" card to Google Pay ..no problem. Charges went through.

Just now, I looked, and because I received the physical card, the virtual card was completely gone from wallet.

I added the physical card, again No issues.

I do have one small gripe, I have the "Cadillac Rewards" card .. which is physically black,

but the white "GM Rewards card shows in digital wallet.

(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)

Message 4 of 13
Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

FWIW, I couldn't add mine until the physical card arrived. I kept getting errors before that. Figured it would be fixed for new folks by now.

Message 5 of 13
dbjohnson039
New Contributor

Hey there @pip3man - Try to add it to your mobile wallet again.  I still haven't received my card (it says it was shipped 10/10) but I just randomly tried to add it to my Apple Pay and sure enough - it finally went through.  Hopefully you'll receive your card soon!

NFCU Flagship Signature VISA $30,000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25,000 | NFCU Platinum VISA $25,000 | Macy’s Star Rewards AMEX $24,000 | Apple Card (Goldman Sachs MC) $5,750 | Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $13,200 | Discover IT 9,100 | Barclays View MC $13,500 | mLife Rewards MC $13,500 | Chase Amazon Visa $1,500
Synchrony Accounts: Amazon Store Card $10,000 | CareCredit $18,000 | PayPal Credit $10,000 | Discount Tire Card $5,000
Message 6 of 13
dbjohnson039
New Contributor

Thanks @Vuby22 - haven't received the physical card but I finally have the virtual card on Apple Pay now.  Finally. After 2 weeks. LOL!

Message 7 of 13
dbjohnson039
New Contributor

@M_Smart007 - I guess the issue was between the card and Apple Pay.

Funny - the rep I spoke to on Monday was like "have you tried to add it to Google Pay"......I was like...."umm...I have Apple Pay?....why on earth would I have Google Pay?"  I literally just rubbed my chin in thought for quite a while after that question.

Maybe some folks have other products besides Apple but I never indicated I had any Google products whatsoever.  It was definitely a weird conversation and my favorite part was at the end, she really thought she had helped me. LOL

Message 8 of 13
dbjohnson039
New Contributor

@Papa_Bear - I had been keeping my eye on the mail since I read your comment but I tried again today and it worked without getting the physical card first.  Now watch....it'll show up in the mail tomorrow after all that ruckus.

Message 9 of 13
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@dbjohnson039 thank you I just tried to add it on Apple Pay now and it did finally work! Appreciate the heads up

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.