Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - March 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - March 2017

@EdMan63 wrote:

Here we go with another new month. Wasn't it just Christmas? This marks my 9th month in the garden. Scores are doing good and inquiries are dropping off. No new credit on the horizon except a lease renewal on my car in a few months. I know some like to go on app sprees after a new mortgage but I'm sitting tight and letting everything age this year.  Maybe one or two new cards in future but that's about it. I'm still in the less is more camp. I read or heard something the other day that said credit is a skill. Managing your credit and finances is a skill. I've learned a lot since coming here 2 years ago today

EdMan63, I feel ya on that!  Congratulations on reaching month 9! Quite the discipline you have...sitting tight after getting a new mortgage!  Considering my cray-cray past three months, I'm inclined to agree with you...less IS more... atleast for my pea brain! LOL!  Keep on, keepin' on! Smiley Happy

Message 91 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone! Still holding on here. Lost interest in apping. I noticed that when several new cards became the "flavor of the month" and I wasn't interested.  Feels weird not to care. In a good way. lol

Stay strong! It's March! 

Musiclover, glad to see you're holding strong! Smiley Happy

Message 92 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissMoni223 wrote:

Happy March Fellow GC Members!!!

Well this month will make 11 whole months here in the Garden and I am quite content!  Everything is everything.  I'm just enjoying the occasional soft pull CLI's and watching my credit scores RISE. My FICO average from the 3 bureaus is 695, which means that the 700 Club is clearly in my view!  Remember that your credit journey is not a sprint but a marathon, so conduct yourselves accordingly. Choose wisely. Smiley Wink 

MissMoni223, wow, in one more month, you'll be collecting your PLATINUM SPADE!  Congratulations!  

Gardening is quite the place to find calm, isn't it?  That 700+ club is just around the corner!  Me likie:  choose wisely!

Message 93 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats Mikpsdad1 on 7 months and making 1st post of garden club for MarchSmiley Happy I award you MyFicoer of The MonthSmiley Happy Enjoy it with all its benefits and rewards.....ok, the bennies are just self worth and the the rewards....feel the love from all of us gardeners!!.

On another note i woke up today and we are 3 deep lol, way to go gardnersSmiley Happy

My official 1st day in the gardenSmiley Happy
Hey, AJC, these gardeners don't stop for nothin'! Go-getters they are! I've been gone, what?...a day...and we're already 7 pages deep. It's so nice to have so many people actively involved in others gardening efforts as well as their own. Nice job fellow gardeners! Smiley Happy

Is there a prize....lol. I had to wake up every 15 minutes to get that!!
Message 94 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hanging on. I want to buy a new car later this year in maybe Aug, but I am going to see if I can hold out until the end of the year. We will see.

ash_, if you can, hold out til the end of the year to give your credit score more time to increase. Waiting til the end of the year can make a big difference.  

Also, have you looked into doing the Alliant Share Secured Loan trick?  It will help boost your scores which could also increase your overall chances of getting the best rate possible when you are ready to purchase your new car.  

Also, if I may suggest, when you're ready to get your car, get pre-approved through one of your banks BEFORE you step foot on a dealership lot.  I see you have NFCU cards and I've read they have good car loan rate - don't know from personal experience, but they may be a good place to start. This will give you a lot more power and control when shopping for your new car.  If you try to get approved through a dealership - I find they tend to do many MANY, MULTIPLE HPs when they shop banks looking for a loan on your behalf. And often, they don't look for the best deal for you, but for the dealership!  You don't want that many inquiries on your CRs. You can limit this by getting your pre-approval ahead of time.

Good luck and let us know how it goes when you do purchase your new car!

Message 95 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning, fellow gardeners! Well, I reset back to a seedling on Feb 15, but I got back in with a CC that was IIB so I don't mind. Scores have really stayed steady: EQ 688, TU 652, EX 679. Our fixing up the old SUV project vs buying a new/newer vehicle saw completely new exhaust from the manifolds back, plus a new left manifold. Not much else to report except later this monthI am travelling to Monterey for a work-related event. I haven't been there since I was little, so I am looking forward to it! Garden hard, my friends!

Smiley Happy P.S. Almost forgot, I got my third Disco CLI for $1000 in Feb, and one inquiry fell off EX, but of course I added one to EX too.

Hey, Bella007!  Glad to see your scores are holding steady and you're back with us!  Smiley Happy Gotta love Discover, right!?  

Do have a safe and wonderful trip!... and maybe share pics with us (hint, hint). Smiley Wink

Message 96 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Checking in for March.  Made it just shy of 2 months, then opted to step out on the 27th for another huge BOA CLI and decided to immediately app for a Venture card (pending) to replace my Venture One that seems to be bucketed as a subprime card with no chance of change.  FICO 08s are back up around 730, so hopefully the ding of a few new INQs and a new account (hopefully) will not matter much even in the short term.  The INQs are dated yesterday, so I'll go with March 1 as being the official start date of being back in the garden.

My goal is to go a year while clearing out my sock drawer a bit more, then go HP CLI crazy in 2018.  Stay strong, everyone!

K-in-Boston, sounds like a plan! Congratulations on your CLI.  It sounds like you make some decisions to help your overall financial needs - which is always great to do!

Welcome back to the garden! Smiley Happy

Message 97 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOTR, you're so nice to everyone here! And I love sweet tea... maybe a little too much!

Gahhhhhh your "name" always makes me think of Lord of the Rings- it's been too long since I've read it and maybe THAT will keep me on the straight and narrow on those pesky Sundays!!
Message 98 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

First day of the new month and woke up to many changes today along with higher scores. 

Experian increase overnight from 685 to 697 (A new highest EXP for me) 

TU from 692 to 694

EQF from 663 to 670

My chargeoff from 2010 fell off the last remaining CRA (Equifax) as well.

Only late pays left on any of these reports and they are all mortgage related and 4 years or older. 

UTIL dropped from 32% to 30%

On the right track to be 700+ in all 3 by years end. Happy Gardening! 

MyLoFICO, well that's not a bad way to start off the month!  Congratulations on reaching a new EX high!  You're really putting yourself in a position to achieve some nice scores - especially once you get your util % <9%.  Keep on, keepin' on. Nice job! Smiley Happy

Message 99 of 532
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

@MissMoni223 wrote:

Happy March Fellow GC Members!!!

Well this month will make 11 whole months here in the Garden and I am quite content!  Everything is everything.  I'm just enjoying the occasional soft pull CLI's and watching my credit scores RISE. My FICO average from the 3 bureaus is 695, which means that the 700 Club is clearly in my view!  Remember that your credit journey is not a sprint but a marathon, so conduct yourselves accordingly. Choose wisely. Smiley Wink 

Congratulations on managing to stay in the Garden for all these months, Moni.  Quite an achievement.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 100 of 532
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.