Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Amex MR points with a Visa

tag
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

Getting Amex MR points with a Visa

I just wanted to share this info with anyone who might not know this.

If you have a Rakuten account then you can choose getting MR points instead of cash back. Pairing that with the Rakuten Visa card can give you the ability to earn MR points on a Visa.

I know other cards can give you better than the 1% on the Rakuten visa, but I think it's nice if you wanna focus on MR points.

Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting Amex MR points with a Visa

@MrCreditInternational wrote:

I just wanted to share this info with anyone who might not know this.

If you have a Rakuten account then you can choose getting MR points instead of cash back. Pairing that with the Rakuten Visa card can give you the ability to earn MR points on a Visa.

I know other cards can give you better than the 1% on the Rakuten visa, but I think it's nice if you wanna focus on MR points.

I don't qualify yet for the Rakuten Visa but it's definitely in my plans and I'm glad you confirmed this works. I've earned 17,000 MR over the last year from Rakuten purchases and another 4,000 from sign-up and referral, so it's more the 3% on Rakuten itself that interests me. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting Amex MR points with a Visa

i've always used rakuten ebates for years but just now found out about the MR points since i just barely got my first amex.

racking in them points right now

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.