cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye, Wells - Hello NFCU, Thanks MyFico!

tag
travisp33
Contributor

Goodbye, Wells - Hello NFCU, Thanks MyFico!

1 week ago today I was denied for an AMEX BCP with my mid 600 scores.

Later that day I got my stuff together and joined NFCU. I now have a 25k Cash rewards card, a Checking account with a 15k NavCheck overdraft line, and a car loan check waiting for me at their lowest rate.

I have been a WF PMA account holder for 18 years. NFCU stole all of my business in 1 week. I fully intend to move ALL of my finaincal business to them - except for an SPG Amex I want just for the points. Mortgage, boat loan re-fi, checking, savings, IRAs. Everything. WF should have honored my request to change a single payment date, and responded to my goodwill letter about a single late payment in 2010 with something other than "We recieved your dispute".

Now that I have BT'ed all of my DW's debt, we shall wait a cycle and see where her scores go. If they hit where I suspect, we will open her a 0% BT card, move the debt back to that, should have it paid off in 6 mo.

Couldn't have done it without you MyFico. Having this safety net is such a load off, I can't even tell you!

Starting 6/13: Experian FAKOS are EX: 610 EQ: 602 TU: 582
Current 5/15: TU Fico: 724
NFCU Platinum 25k | Discover 14k | AMEX SPG 20k | TotalRewards Visa 12k | US AIrways MC 15k | Walmart 6k | Sams 3k | Lowes 2.5K
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Goodbye, Wells - Hello NFCU, Thanks MyFico!

Message 2 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I love hearing about other people leaving Wells Fargo because they are unresponsive or seem to care about customers... I try to pretend they will notice or care and it makes me feel better Smiley Happy

Congrats with Navy... they are fantastic!

Message 3 of 16
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

WTG, They assumed a mortgage I had years ago and boy were they a pain in the rear. After that I vowed I would never do business with them.

Message 4 of 16
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, I work at WF, and I say congratulations to you!!  All WF cares about is selling products and services.  They make our lives so miserable.  So, hopefully, I won't be there much longer either (both as an employee and customer) Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 16
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! Welcome to the NFCU Family! 

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Personal Line of Credit:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 6 of 16
Brusilov
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I love hearing about other people leaving Wells Fargo because they are unresponsive or seem to care about customers... I try to pretend they will notice or care and it makes me feel better Smiley Happy

Congrats with Navy... they are fantastic!

I made the same switch a few years ago and couldn't agree more!

Message 7 of 16
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Congrats on all things NFCU!
@mrsjr wrote:

Unfortunately, I work at WF, and I say congratulations to you!!  All WF cares about is selling products and services.  They make our lives so miserable.  So, hopefully, I won't be there much longer either (both as an employee and customer) Smiley Happy

HA!  Well its probably not that funny considering I am a WellsFargo customer.  I would move everything over to NFCU If there were a local branch here.  No matter how easy the make all of their mobile and online features sound, I just dont like the thought of having to drive almost an hour for the closest local branch.

Message 8 of 16
hot4u
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!! Welcome to the NFCU Family! 

+1

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 9 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@DiabolicallyRandom wrote:
Congrats on all things NFCU!
@mrsjr wrote:

HA!  Well its probably not that funny considering I am a WellsFargo customer.  I would move everything over to NFCU If there were a local branch here.  No matter how easy the make all of their mobile and online features sound, I just dont like the thought of having to drive almost an hour for the closest local branch.

we do keep my partners Wells account for local checking for quarters and cash because we do not have a local branch for navy... but I move money to Navy and pay 90% of all bills from Navy.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.