cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graduating Discover it secured help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Graduating Discover it secured help!

@Anonymous wrote:

The Cred 1 I got to have another to build with but I wish I wouldn't have only because of the yearly fee... stupid on my part since I had cap1 plat no fee. I just upgraded to QS and limit is still only $400. I never got credit steps only a $100 increase in June from $300. I just feel like this card is going nowhere and these low limits will hold me down. I want a different card with more opportunities and better reviews for what I'm actually trying to do and that's build and increase and sofar I'm in a bucket😒

You will get the credit step increase right after the 6th statement cuts. Assuming it hasn't yet cut. I started at 300. Then 100 increase. Then at 6 months they gave me an increase to 500 for credit steps. 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I see now, keep checking back periodically. I know it is going to be annoying to wait, but with inquiries that is all you can do.

Imo Discover has one of the better secured cards around, so does Navy (but requires military affiliation). 

Also I believe you can ask Credit one to waive the annual fee if you call in when it is coming due. 

Message 12 of 13
VintageMel
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I thought that was in my post. No offers and declined due to inquiries 

Yeah, I apologize. When I first read your post I thought you had applied for it a long time ago. I think I need more coffee today. Smiley Happy

But I will second the advice to keep checking that pre-qualification regularly. 

3/28/23
EX 810
EQ 831
TU ???
Cap1 QS March 2017 | AmEx BCP July 2019 | Citi DC June 2020 | AmEx Delta Gold October 2020 | Chase FU October 2020 | Macy's AmEx May 2021
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.