Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings, newbie, questions.

tag
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Greetings, newbie, questions.

myficomatt wrote:
You might be right regarding the SOL. Here's the events with the CC that took place to the best of my recollection.

-CC charged off
-Collection agency started hounding me in 05. I made a few payments
-Sat idle
-Called BOA earlier this year to find out about the account. They referred me to another agency
-Called that agency (very shady). Started scheduling payments.
-Agency transferred it to another agency in NJ.
-Scheduled payments (made a few)
-Agency transferred it to a law-office in Atlanta
-I contacted law-office in Atlanta. Spoke with a woman and man regarding the account. They told me it was a new account so to sit tight and they would mail me information regarding it. I waited and haven't heard anything from them. This was around 6 months ago.

Ok that's actually not good because if you made payments, you reset the SOL to another 4 years from the payment date.  Don't talk to them on the phone again and DV anything you receive in the mail regarding this immediately, CMRRR.

You can also try a GW letter to BoA but that's going to be hard... they blacklist and probably won't be helpful... you might have to wait for that TL to drop on its own.

So, don't stir the pot on this one.  Wait for them to contact you...don't help them along.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 31 of 46
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

My sister warned me about scheduling payments and resetting that. My goal was just to go ahead and try to pay it off in full in a short amount of time in order to just wipe it clear. $1400 is a lot for me but it's not unreachable. The really aggravating thing is the eviction though because that's 2K. The only reason that it's even on there is because I was negligent in removing my name from the lease and took action too late.
Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaybee wrote:
Nice walk through SmartCookie...very nice!

Its to late we have lost them, they are in there own world...........Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy
Message 33 of 46
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

myficomatt wrote:
My sister warned me about scheduling payments and resetting that. My goal was just to go ahead and try to pay it off in full in a short amount of time in order to just wipe it clear. $1400 is a lot for me but it's not unreachable. The really aggravating thing is the eviction though because that's 2K. The only reason that it's even on there is because I was negligent in removing my name from the lease and took action too late.

Everyone has stuff like that happen in one way or another... I think it's a life requirement.  Smiley Wink 

and... you can probably get the eviction settled for less. 

BTW... filing a suit in small claims court is not at all as difficult as people think.  Even if they never track the guy down... you can get a default judgement.  Lease agreement might have more personal info on him.

Heck... that'd make me feel better!
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 34 of 46
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

chiwiseguy wrote:

jaybee wrote:

Its to late we have lost them, they are in there own world...........Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

LOL chiwiseguy... hiya guys!  jaybee is fighting crime on a different thread.  It's like Charlie's Angels over there.
Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously great walk through!!!!  Thats why people love these boards!
Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SmartCookie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL chiwiseguy... hiya guys!  jaybee is fighting crime on a different thread.  It's like Charlie's Angels over there.

Can I be Cameron Diaz? Pleeeze!!
Message 37 of 46
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

I've spoken with the eviction people before and explained the situation. They were pretty rude people (overly rude). They said they would do it for 75%. My question is, would this look worse if it's not paid in full?

BTW, I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP Smiley Very Happy

THANK YOU
Message 38 of 46
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

chiwiseguy wrote:
Seriously great walk through!!!!  Thats why people love these boards!

I appreciate that very much chiwiseguy.  Thank you, and jaybee too of course.   Sunshine 

Message 39 of 46
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

myficomatt wrote:
I've spoken with the eviction people before and explained the situation. They were pretty rude people (overly rude). They said they would do it for 75%. My question is, would this look worse if it's not paid in full?

BTW, I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP Smiley Very Happy

THANK YOU

Nope... the settlement will be a PFD agreement which will be legally paid as less than full.  Go customize a PFD letter to them for offering the 75% amount.  Lotsa progress for you today!  This is really good!
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.