Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Denial Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Denial Letter

HSBC Executive Card Member Services called me again today to reassure me that they were indeed investigating my complaint. She stated that she had received my fax and conceded that it really stated what I claimed it did. She further stated that she was still waiting for a reply from the application department on my application to see if they could at the very least convert my Orchard Gold into an HSBC Platinum with lower APR and higher CL. Personally, I think they are trying to buy time until they can decide how to kick me to the curb. Wish me luck!
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I got the final verdict from the Executive Cardmember Services today. HSBC has graciously decided to close my Orchard Gold card with the 400 CL and the 29.99% APR and transfer the bal over to a shiny new HSBC Platinum card with a 14.99% APR and just for my inconvenience, they are giving me a free $100 CLI. Boy, was I impressed. I almost couldn't help laughing on the phone, but was very careful to just say thanks and hang up.

I was told that the policy is still only one card per customer unless they solicit your business with a preapproval in the mail. However, because I brought the complaint and backed it up with their own written terms and conditions, they are looking into revising their websites to reflect the one card rule. I'll believe that when I see it, but in the meantime, I'll take the 50% reduction in APR and make it my gas card, since it will be the lowest limit card that I will have. 
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Where are all the HSBC/Orchard customers? Someone must have a word of advice on how to confront them on their double standard.

I've got 2 Orchard accounts. No real advice, but I'd ask them to clarify their policy. Ask for the REAL reason you were denied, cause the 'only one account' excuse is bogus.
good luck

Called HSBC this morning and was told that I can only have one account. Read to them the terms and conditions that I had on screen and that I have printed hard copy. Then was told that second card had to be preselected through mail.
Then asked for supervisor who told me that the type of card that the preapproval process says I am qualified for cannot be issued unless you receive a preselectd letter by mail with a number that has to be entered on the application. No such place to enter this number.
Then told her that I was going to pursue legal action for false and misleading banking practices. She gave me the address and phone number of the "President". I am waiting until 8:00AM to call and start round three. I will probably end up losing the card I now have, but I don't care. Their policy is misleading and they openly lie in writing right on their website. It's time someone started jousting with this windmill! LOL Wish me luck!
BTW, I asked that the INQ be removed from my CR and was told that this cannot be done since it is considered a real application. Told her I wouldn't have applied if the website wasn't misleading, so I would take this point up in court also.

Message Edited by sleigh17 on 08-27-2007 07:46 AM

hahaha. They're good liars I tell ya. When I applied for the last HSBC card I got, I already had TWO other HSBC cards (Best Buy and HSBC Plat). Well I wanted another HSBC card. So I applied online WITHOUT some kind of invitation they were talking about, and got approved! So I don't know what they're talking about. :-/
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.