Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Multiple accounts

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

HSBC Multiple accounts

how often can you open another HSBC Credit card?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Multiple accounts

+1

I'd also like to know this.

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

After being transferred from overseas to credit department, she also did not know the answer, she then transferred me to the application line which then refers you to householdbank.com... Not a help at all!

I did the pre-qual at householdbank.com while waiting for her and I was pre-approved for Platinum which is better then what I was getting before but it had an annual fee, I thought that was the whole point of Platinum is no annual fee and higher credit lines.  I'm just going to keep this card for 6 months, then check bestbuy agian and see if they pre-qual me for the platinum

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

After being transferred from overseas to credit department, she also did not know the answer, she then transferred me to the application line which then refers you to householdbank.com... Not a help at all!

I did the pre-qual at householdbank.com while waiting for her and I was pre-approved for Platinum which is better then what I was getting before but it had an annual fee, I thought that was the whole point of Platinum is no annual fee and higher credit lines.  I'm just going to keep this card for 6 months, then check bestbuy agian and see if they pre-qual me for the platinum

Funny, I was just doing the same thing, householdbank.com pre-qual and also got pre approved but then got "you have the maximum number of HSBC cards message. I wonder if that counts as a hard inquiry anyway.

Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yup, that's what sucks about HSBC... so what HSBC cards do you have to get that message?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank and Best Buy RewardsZone.

Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

ah then I'm holding out for the Platinum Best Buy MC or nothing

Message 7 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

I have an Orchard Secured Card, a Best Buy Store Card, a best buy rewards master card, and a Discover Direct Rewards card all with HSBC, I was thinking 3 was the limit but I have 4

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.