Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC.....

While trying to access my acct to pay my CC bill I got "locked out" when I entered the CORRECT personal info. So I finally talked to a nice lady who told me to try again in 30 minutes.  She then asked if there was anything else. So I asked how do I get an CLI so that I can pay for airfare? ( Limit went from $1250 to $300.00 with an 804 FICO). So she said to call 800 318 4821 and apply for a NEW card. Anyone know what the deal is,?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC.....

ericdj wrote:
While trying to access my acct to pay my CC bill I got "locked out" when I entered the CORRECT personal info. So I finally talked to a nice lady who told me to try again in 30 minutes.  She then asked if there was anything else. So I asked how do I get an CLI so that I can pay for airfare? ( Limit went from $1250 to $300.00 with an 804 FICO). So she said to call 800 318 4821 and apply for a NEW card. Anyone know what the deal is,?

What HSBC card do you have? How long have you had it, and how much do you use it?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Platinum since 12/05, use it 2X/week, always PIF
Message 3 of 7
thedaveytrain
Valued Member

CapOne did that to me a few years ago, I asked for an increase for something and they denied it, then in the same phone call they gave me a new card with a $1,000 limit. It's never made any sense to me!
01/25/10 - TU 709, EQ 729, EX 705
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had HBSC and CapOne cards.  I could never get a CLI, but they kept giving me more cards.  At one point, I had three of each.  They were all cancelled after I found myfico.com and "fixed" my credit and got better cards.  Now the limit on one of my cards is way more than the limit I had on all six of those cards combined.

Message 5 of 7
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

I just canceled my HSBC card last week as they refused to waive the AF. I had it for two years and they never gave me a CLI.  I will never do business with them again.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just now tried the ph # to HSBC and got to listen to a man's voice tell me to go online to apply for a card!  Hmm....I guess the next step is to try and use my current card to see if it still works.  My current balance is $00.00  They'll probably think this is too high.......and want me to start paying an AF.....
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.