cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had the Amex Zync $500 limit removed?

tag
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Has anyone had the Amex Zync $500 limit removed?

This is getting very tiring and frustrating, when i applied for the Zync i was told the hard limit would be removed after a few months of good payment histroy. it has now been over a year and they have not removed the $500 limit. 

I have searched everywhere and have not heard of anyone getting the limit removed which makes me think that this version of the Zync will always stay at $500, it is even more frustrating because of the fact that my fico score has gone up over 60+ points and by now i would probably be approved for a better amex card anyway.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone had the Amex Zync $500 limit removed?

Apply for another amex, since you are already a member if you are denied it will only be a SP

Message 2 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know, but you got a Zync with a 514 Amex EX pull?

        
Message 3 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Apply for another amex, since you are already a member if you are denied it will only be a SP

I agree that you could likely be approved for another charge card.   You could probably even app for another ZYNC, or go for a green and then downgrade it to ZYNC.

I have had a $200 Hard Limit for around 9 months now, and it still hasn't been removed.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 7
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

I just called Amex and was told that they have had many people call with the same issue, They said that they cannot override the limit and that this version of the Zync will forever remain at $500.

They also said that eventually they might change the policy and give credit limit increases or transfer the account to a higher tiered charge card.

Eaither way this card just became useless to me, the only reason i was hanging onto it was for the sake of eventually getting the limit removed.

Message 5 of 7
dude11
Regular Contributor

I've had mine for 18 months as of this month and I am still stuck with this as well. I have tried for both Green and Gold just a couple of months ago and was denied. So don't know.

Message 6 of 7
Dagansinferno
Valued Member

Good luck with everything, and hope you get the NPSL soon. I know when I was approved they gave me a hard limit of $200 initially. Then, I received my card, activated through the website, and it was then removed. I agree about applying for another card in the future. If you can give 6 months - 1 year, then try for a green or gold card and see what happens. The only other thing I can offer is maybe regularly put through $200-$300+ in charges and pay before the statement hits and it reports on your CR.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.