Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have few questions about Authorized users piggybacking

tag
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Have few questions about Authorized users piggybacking

I want to add my wife as an AU to both of my Cap One cards. Can someome tell me how this works? I just add them online and they issue her a card REGARDLESS of how bad her credit is and report it to 3 bureaus even if she does not actuallly use it?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Have few questions about Authorized users piggybacking

@RussianPassion wrote:

I want to add my wife as an AU to both of my Cap One cards. Can someome tell me how this works? I just add them online and they issue her a card REGARDLESS of how bad her credit is and report it to 3 bureaus even if she does not actuallly use it?

Yes all that is basically true but adding her will only help IF the account is older than any of hers (older than her current AAoA is even better), IF the payment history is long and clean, IF the utilization is very low, and IF it will report to the CRA's. (Cap 1 does report AU's). She will inherit the entire history of this account. One caveat however; if this account starts to go south your credit will be affected as well. Keep that in mind.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 6
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Cap 1 does not report? Awwww.... Oh well.

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@RussianPassion wrote:

Cap 1 does not report? Awwww.... Oh well.

You misread. I said Cap 1 does report AU's.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

Cap One reports AU's just like the primary to all 3 CRA's.

Message 5 of 6
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Ah nice. My bad. Long day... Thanks guys!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.