Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello I'm new but just wanted to share my experience and get some comments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I'm new but just wanted to share my experience and get some comments

I just applied for the "Discover More" about an hour ago. I got approved online within a minute with a 5k limit with balance transfer of $700 from my sub prime card.  A little history about myself. Ch13 in 06 discharged in oct 09. Bk still reporting. A lot of baddies falling off this year all accounts paid as agreed. Have 5 tl with small limits. Also have 4 Tu inq 1exp 1eq. One of each was from cap one don't know why they pulled all three. One tu was state farm which was denied last month. One tu was wells fargo 3 months ago also denied. Don't remember the other tu pull. Scores at those times were cap one eq 685. wells fargo tu 694. state farm didn't give me a score.

1.credit one 3yrs no lates with balance 700 cl 1400

2.cfna 1yr 0 balance cl 1800

3.target 2 yrs balance 80. cl 200

4.cap one plat. 3mos balance 250 cl 1000 with cli with 5 good payments to 1500 next month

Now online approval said 7-10 days to get card with 5k balance but email says 30 day review and 4-5 days to set up online account.  My question is should i be worried getting denied after getting approved? I got a "Congrats" letter in the mail with an invitation code once a week for two weeks now. I had nothing to lose besides the pull.  If i got denied I was going to wait until after my ch13 falls off to ever apply again.  Any questions or comments or suggestions.  I guess I'll take these in the mean time waiting if I actually get my card or not.  I'll update if I do or do not.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Hello I'm new but just wanted to share my experience and get some comments

@jdryang wrote:

I just applied for the "Discover More" about an hour ago. I got approved online within a minute with a 5k limit with balance transfer of $700 from my sub prime card.  A little history about myself. Ch13 in 06 discharged in oct 09. Bk still reporting. A lot of baddies falling off this year all accounts paid as agreed. Have 5 tl with small limits. Also have 4 Tu inq 1exp 1eq. One of each was from cap one don't know why they pulled all three. One tu was state farm which was denied last month. One tu was wells fargo 3 months ago also denied. Don't remember the other tu pull. Scores at those times were cap one eq 685. wells fargo tu 694. state farm didn't give me a score.

1.credit one 3yrs no lates with balance 700 cl 1400

2.cfna 1yr 0 balance cl 1800

3.target 2 yrs balance 80. cl 200

4.cap one plat. 3mos balance 250 cl 1000 with cli with 5 good payments to 1500 next month

Now online approval said 7-10 days to get card with 5k balance but email says 30 day review and 4-5 days to set up online account.  My question is should i be worried getting denied after getting approved? I got a "Congrats" letter in the mail with an invitation code once a week for two weeks now. I had nothing to lose besides the pull.  If i got denied I was going to wait until after my ch13 falls off to ever apply again.  Any questions or comments or suggestions.  I guess I'll take these in the mean time waiting if I actually get my card or not.  I'll update if I do or do not.  Thanks.

Welcome to the forums!!!

If you got approved online, then your good. If you want to check, i'd call 1800-DISCOVER and ask about your BT and when will it go through.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hello I'm new but just wanted to share my experience and get some comments

Congrats! Discover is a great card to have nice job on rebuilding!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.