cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! I just pre-qualified for Chase!!!!

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Help!!! I just pre-qualified for Chase!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

I think it depends if you were pre-qualed as a Chase customer or pre-qualed as a non customer.

So you're suggesting that if you're a current Chase customer, possibly 5/24 is less meaningful?

MyLoFICO, you were approved when you were at 27/24.  Where you an existing Chase customer at the time or was that your first app with them?  Were you pre-qualed for cards with them or did you app without pre-quals?

Nope, not an existing customer. I had already app'd the Freedom and Disney card a few days earlier. While those were pending I app'd the Slate. This was obviously before I knew what I was screwing up with Chase. I called to recon because the Freedom and Disney showed a 7-10 message but the Slate showed a 30 day message. The guy sent me to the recon person who flat told me the Freedom and Disney were a no go but the Slate for some reason was sent for manual review and pending approval.He told me if I had not called it would have declined but he had the authority to approve it. He asked me some questions and then approved it. My goal now is to wait until 4-18-2018 when all my inq's will be gone and get the 2 Chase cards I originally wanted and move my Slate CL to one of those and close Slate. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 41 of 50
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

(b) the 5/24 rule is inapplicable to prequals

Question about Chase pre-quals.  When your pre-quals come up, does anyone ever see more than 3 offers?  Any time I've ever checked I either got 0 offers (back when you profile was weaker) or 3 offers.  Never 1 or 2.  Never 4+.  Anyone else see the same thing here?

That said, my pre-qualified offers from Chase are always Freedom, Slate and Sapphire Preferred.  One of their other cards, the Freedom Unlimited for example, is never in my pre-qual list.  Now, if I'm > 5/24 and receiving these 3 pre-qual offers, I can be fairly confident in approval for these 3 products despite being > 5/24.  However, what if I were to apply for the FU card that's not in my pre-qualified offers?  I'm wondering if since it's not in my list that I'd be denied, OR is it simply that the list can only show 3 products and that's the only reason why I'm not seeing the FU, so I would potentially be approved?  Hopefully this makes sense.

@Anonymous, yes - freedom, slate, sapphire preferred, sapphire reserve at one time.  now only freedom, slate, sapphire preferred.  moot point re fu not showing as the f can pc to a fu @ anytime.  I got the f and did a pc to fu before I did a single swipe on it. 

Message 42 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous, yes - freedom, slate, sapphire preferred, sapphire reserve at one time.  now only freedom, slate, sapphire preferred.  moot point re fu not showing as the f can pc to a fu @ anytime.  I got the f and did a pc to fu before I did a single swipe on it. 

Ok, so to be clear here you were able to see 4 pre-quals at once on the Chase site?

Message 43 of 50
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Im in the same boat as you soloman, I am over 5/24, scores arent the greatest, and just received my first pre-quals with chase.  As soon as I get lower utilization reported in a few days im going to try the Freedom pre-qual.  I say go for the Freedom ASAP and let us know how it turns out!

Hello cy1215. Guess what? Despite being approved by more than 5 in the last 2 years, despite having 50% utilization, and despite having a collection, I was approved! It wasn't instant and stated further review was needed. I called and they asked for my cell number to send a verification a code. I read the code to her and she stated I was approved. The unusual part is she didn't tell me my limit nor rate. She said it will be in the welcome package. I applied for the Slate to transfer a balance from another card. I'll whisper a prayer that yours goes smoothly too!

UPDATE: I called the status line listed in the myFICO Backdoor Numbers.  The limit is $5K and I was given the 0% introductory rate.

Congrats!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 44 of 50
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

Ok, so to be clear here you were able to see 4 pre-quals at once on the Chase site?

sorry, brain dead...freedom, slate - online >> freedom, slate, sapphire preferred, sapphire reserve - branch.  never saw a sapphire online and have never seen an unlimited anywhere

Message 45 of 50
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wilmer007 wrote:

that is why you get all the chase cards you want first and then once you have them you move onto the other cards and banks because Chase is only one that has the 5/24 rule.

Or, you just apply for 1 Chase card relatively early on and treat it well.  Then that already established positive relationship seemingly makes the 5/24 "rule" moot and one can apply for another Chase card or cards and be approved regardless of being > 5/24.

That won't always work.  To overcome 5/24 as a customer or otherwise, you need to be prequalified.   Current;y at least the CSR is no longer available prequalified, so the only way to get it is to really be under 5/24

Message 46 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are any of the offers the few that don't take part in the 5/24 club?
Message 47 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an in-branch prequal ONLY for the FU. I app'd and got the 7-10 days. (Banker says only 10% get instant. Can anybody confirm or deny this?) Wish me luck!

Message 48 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had an in-branch prequal ONLY for the FU. I app'd and got the 7-10 days. (Banker says only 10% get instant. Can anybody confirm or deny this?) Wish me luck!

Call the backdoor number and get your decision.  The numbers are a stickie in this forum.

Message 49 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Call the backdoor number and get your decision.  The numbers are a stickie in this forum.

I just app'd about an hour and a half ago now lol

I'll call on Monday or Tuesday if there's nothing. The phone number could probably tell me too if I need status or recon.

EDIT 2/5: APPROVED! http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Chase-FU-APPROVED-with-300-bonus/td-p/4857590

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.