Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With WFFNB Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help With WFFNB Express

Hello. Question. I applied online for an Express account and got the 7-10 day message. Looking at my CR I have about 2 hard inquiries across all. I have 2 open cards a Chase Saphire Preferred CL 10,000 and a GE Dillard's AMEX for 7,500. Zero balances. UTL across the board 2%. AAOA 5.8 years no baddies no where ever. I was denied 2 years ago and got the same message. At the time my UTL was high. My last FiCo on TU 758 here on myfico. WFNNB hates me for some reason lol.

I do have a fraud alert and called in to see if they had questions they said I have to wait for the letter. Is there a back door number? Has anyone ever had any experience or luck moving forward in this situation?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Re: Help With WFFNB Express

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello. Question. I applied online for an Express account and got the 7-10 day message. Looking at my CR I have about 2 hard inquiries across all. I have 2 open cards a Chase Saphire Preferred CL 10,000 and a GE Dillard's AMEX for 7,500. Zero balances. UTL across the board 2%. AAOA 5.8 years no baddies no where ever. I was denied 2 years ago and got the same message. At the time my UTL was high. My last FiCo on TU 758 here on myfico. WFNNB hates me for some reason lol.

I do have a fraud alert and called in to see if they had questions they said I have to wait for the letter. Is there a back door number? Has anyone ever had any experience or luck moving forward in this situation?

im NOT trying to sound like a butt lol but if you have a Saphire with a 10k line.. and store branded amex for 7500... why would you want an express clothing store credit card? They are going to give you a small credit line and it can only be used at express stores.... and if your scores, util and credit lines are what you say they are then you should be applying for much much much better prime cards my friend.

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love Express and want the 20% discount for opening and also the points. I don't think store cards are as bad as people make them out to be. Chase is good so is my Dillard's but what's wrong with wanting an Express? I mean I can get approved for any card I think at least at this point but what will I do with another prime when I use my chase for everything? There isn't a prime I want. At least a store card has a purpose. Use it at that store. Also I like feeling that I'm a frequent customer when I hold their product. Makes me more of a loyalist. I enjoy my Dillard's card and even though it's an American express I just use it at Dillard's. Everyday purchases go to sapphire.
Message 3 of 11
2ndTimeAround2012
Valued Member

You can try going to there website and get "pre-approved"

I just did it a couple nights ago and got approved instantly and no hard pull..... yet (fingers-crossed).

My credit is not so great but I do have a couple other store cards from WFFNB....

Rebuilding Mode!
Message 4 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I love my Express card. Even though I have several prime cards, Express was one of my first cards ever... Started at $250 in 2007, now I'm at $2,750. They increase $200-$400 every six months if you request. I've gotten hundreds of dollars over the years in free rewards, which are NOT coupons and require NO min spend. I'm on the A-list... AND I've rarely EVER carried a balance.. Maybe one month when I bought a $300+ peacoat, paid it in two months instead of one. Store cards are fine AS long as you AVOID interest charges as they are typically 20%+. Idk of a backdoor number buuuut...18002014955 is the num on the back of my card... Maybe try that?
Best of luck!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Also they NEVER have SP or HP for CLI. It's all based on your history with them... I will say that back in '06-09... My A&F card which is also backed by WFNNB had an interest rate of like 11% til like 2010 bc even as an 18-20 yr old, I knew to call and haggle on the interest rate lmao... Haha lowest store card rate EVER!!! Now it's 24.99%. meh
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

2 Things:

1. Nice to poster with $2750 - That is Express Card Max Credit Line!

2. If you shop at Express the card is a must have, it's kind of like shopping at Macy's, As much as I hate them sometimes you are really just throwing your money away if you use anything other then Macy's Credit Card... Express same... they will send coupons and unlike other companies that would only let you use 1 coupon per visit or something... besides maybe irritating the person behind you but you can literally break up all your transactions and do several and use coupon with each... I usually am considerate if they are busy and I will take a second off to side and try to put things together that I think will work best for the coupons then be ready for any little changes if numbers come up a little bit different.

and now they have the Next Card... Once you clear to the higher tier then the deals get even better!! I have literally spent like $300-$375ish or so in a trip and used so many couons I ended up around 40-45% off the total! and then i get the rewards on the credit card that come later for that!!!

one other macy's thing (sorry thrad jack) thanks for sharing happening now, if you spend more then $250 on card for rest of year you paid for the charity donation to earn 10% back sent via gift card next year.

Message 7 of 11
sybo40
Regular Contributor

I tried this and received nothing at checkout.  Not sure how this works.  I there a certain dollar amount you have to have at checkout in order for the pop-up to appear?  All my blocks are off, so I don't know what gives.  Ideas? 

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: TU: 656; EQ: 607; EX: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
2ndTimeAround2012
Valued Member

@sybo40 wrote:

I tried this and received nothing at checkout.  Not sure how this works.  I there a certain dollar amount you have to have at checkout in order for the pop-up to appear?  All my blocks are off, so I don't know what gives.  Ideas? 

Just keep trying for a couple days, You can also try their other stores: Victoria's Secret, Roamans, Spiegel, J Crew....

Rebuilding Mode!
Message 9 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks! Are you sure it's the max?! Bet I can get it to $3k+ in a few more months hehe... As far as apping... They always try to solicit credit apps in store, which I don't think has anything to do with a SP of your credit.

When I got mine... I had planned to apply for the discount to buy new work pants, and so I did.. Got a $250 CL. :-) they had to call and verify stuff of course toooo.
Omg! The discounts are crazy!!!! And you can use coupons on promo items..
Example:
Producer pants or 1mx shirts, buy 1 get 1 50% off AND you can use like the $50 off a $150 purchase WITH that.
Pahaha and my college peers tell me I spens too much on clothes! Whatever!!! I save money :-)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.