cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed for BCP / AMEX app(UPDATE WITH RESULTS )

tag
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Re: Advice needed for Fast CLI or BCP

I thought about add another HP, since recently my HPs are really intense, one more HP will as well fall off around the same time period in the future? But if the chance is almost 0, I won't pull the trigger. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 24
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Re: Help needed for BCP / AMEX app

Smiley Sad Actually I got my first credit card on 18 with bank pre-approved back in 2008 as well (hand-shake) with a quite great credit limit due to my family's long term relationship with that bank, but not in U.S.. Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 24
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

I thought about add another HP, since recently my HPs are really intense, one more HP will as well fall off around the same time period in the future? But if the chance is almost 0, I won't pull the trigger. Smiley Happy

that is true, david...if you can live w that extra hp, go for it! you might as well see how you stack now and perhaps work on certain parts of your CRs if you are denied...gl Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 13 of 24
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your advice, I may think about it~:Smiley Embarassed But the credit limit for my current cards are too low. I'd like to kill my self for the transactions to appear and pay the balance. Robot Mad Just need a decent limit.

Message 14 of 24
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

Thanks for your advice, I may think about it~:Smiley Embarassed But the credit limit for my current cards are too low. I'd like to kill my self for the transactions to appear and pay the balance. Robot Mad Just need a decent limit.

i understand your concerns...sometimes its just best to let the ones you have now grow, show positive history, and lots of patience! you'll be better rewarded for it later Smiley Happy

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 15 of 24
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

...and don't worry about the cls either...show positive history and the banks will trust you with higher limits...i know it can be a pain now with low limits, but you'll get there...thats what the garden area is for...growing what you have Smiley Happy

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 16 of 24
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
You could try applying for a charge card now, and then try your luck again for the BCP in the coming year. Once you are an Amex member, its sp if declined, hp if approved for future Amex apps. Your member since date will also reflect 2013 for future cards. Most importantly, it's also a good way to get your foot into the door.

Charge card first, good to lock in your membership year.  I don't think AMEX is going to consider any card with a $500 limit a prime card, $500 limits from prime lenders are a sign, ok we gave you a chance, but we really don't trust you yet, give it 6 months or a year of history before you make any more chances in the prime lenders. Of course getting a good paying job will help things along as well.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 17 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jamesdwi wrote:

@enharu wrote:
You could try applying for a charge card now, and then try your luck again for the BCP in the coming year. Once you are an Amex member, its sp if declined, hp if approved for future Amex apps. Your member since date will also reflect 2013 for future cards. Most importantly, it's also a good way to get your foot into the door.

Charge card first, good to lock in your membership year.  I don't think AMEX is going to consider any card with a $500 limit a prime card, $500 limits from prime lenders are a sign, ok we gave you a chance, but we really don't trust you yet, give it 6 months or a year of history before you make any more chances in the prime lenders. Of course getting a good paying job will help things along as well.

+1

And what djc1puno mentioned in the above posts.

Message 18 of 24
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Re: Help needed for BCP / AMEX app

+1

Message 19 of 24
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your advice, now I am with AMEX and got my BCP! THANK YOU!

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.